A showcase with @Geegervy, author of The Coldest Summer

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

Well, it was some emotional struggles that I had during the moment I made a decision to write. One of my characters resemble someone very important in my life, and each time I recalled some things about him it, made me want to immortalize his character. (Unfortunately he's more). It was probably my way of dealing with the loss. However, I can't even tell how I came up with the story LOL.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

(Sighing) I was still an utter amateur when I began writing this story. My vocabulary was poor, I made several grammatical mistakes, typos, and many other writing mistakes. It was my learning point, I can say, that thanks to WATTPAD I got to receive some feedbacks from the readers and my fellow writers; that by now I can say I'm proud of my improvement. Also, like I mentioned before, this piece is quite sentimental for me, hence I had quite an emotional struggle while writing. Some aspects reflected my real life experiences, so it would get tough at times. Oh, and that famous question; WILL THIS STORY BE AS INTERESTING AS I WANT IT TO BE?

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

Frankly, I was so awed at the readers' response from the very beginning. I had no room to feel awful about my work, so I thank God for that. Even when it was a poor skeleton of my idea, I still got encouraging feedbacks, which is the reason why I try my best to polish it everyday as I keep receiving both constructive and blushing-worth comments

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

Everything! I absolutely enjoyed everything in my book. Oh well, that's too general, right? Haha. Seriously, I loved writing about my characters, their lives, strengths, weaknesses; so it quite an interesting journey. I also loved writing about Montana, which is like the main premise of the story, as it's one of my favourite places in the word. I love reading books, History, museums, so it was all fun writing about the stuff.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

It's a piece of a series called THE FOUR SEASONS. As you can see, I've started with THE COLDEST SUMMER, which is the BOOK 1. And there's THE WARMEST WINTER, the BOOK 2. There will be two more books to finalize the series.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Love. Friendship. Forgiveness. These are the three things that I'd love for anyone who read my book to feel and take. We all need to love and be loved, even if all hope is gone; there's surely your soulmate somewhere. Oh, it doesn't need to be a romance. Even the love of a true friend, the love of a mother, they're all what we need. True friendship is hard to attain, but if you have it, keep it. To forgive and be forgiven is as important, for we all make mistakes.

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Be the character. Wether they are good, bad, horrible, insane; try to be that character when writing about them. That brings the story to life. Also, love your story; we all excel doing what we love, right?

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Haha YES. I can say I was emotionally seeing myself in her. (Hey, not entirely, huh?) I'm a cryptic person, and perhaps I automatically made her be like me.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

is  it weird that I don't know for sure? What makes people read a book? Is it a good cover? A blurb? Reviews? Promotion? I swear I don't know haha. I think I'll pass this question and I'll start thinking of this

 10 do you have any future projects?

Oh yes! Although I still have to finish the current one, as the series is incomplete. But I'll definitely have more books to come.