A showcase with @Bankymassie, author of The Bad Boy's Rival

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I just felt like writing a book with a strong female as the lead character and also address the issue of loss and second chances for teenagers like me.

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story?

When I started writing, I had an issue with consistency for the first few chapters but now I'm good.

 3 what has been the overall response of your story been from your readers? 

The response has been amazing and encouraging. In a week we moved up by about a thousand reads and they honestly drop the best comments ever.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I think my favorite parts are the Kimora and Damon moments. They'll make a cute couple. LOL.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

a stand alone novel

6 what would you like readers to take away from your story?

That no matter the hardships in life, you'll be fine. And also that life gives you second chances at everything, so don't close yourself up.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their stories? 

Don't write for the reads or votes. Write because it's what you love doing. Write because even if it's just one reader, you're putting a smile on someone's face.

8 does the main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Yeah...I think we both share sarcasm and are strong spirited people.

9 what is something of your story, you believe would draw in new readers? 

The fact that it's relatable. Most of my readers have been able to relate to one or two things.

10 do you have any future projects?

Yeah. I may be starting something new in April. Just have to finish this first.