A showcase with @JWGIRLZ, author of Silent Past

1) What inspired the idea of your story?

I realize that when others hurt us, we tend to punish others for it. However, we have to forgive ourselves and those who hurt us so we can move on and be able to give our all to those who truly care for us.

2) What was something you struggled with for your story?

I struggled with the emotions that I want to convey throughout each chapter. I have to think about it, picture it because if I can't do that, the readers won't be able to capture the scenes either. So, finding the right words and descriptions were the hardest for me.

3) What has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

Unfortunately, I have not gotten a lot of feedback. I submitted it for the blossom awards and that was when I heard that the story was good and had potential. Nothing else happened besides that.

4) What did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The friendships, secrets, and introducing the humor of Ms. Gladice who's a character I fell in love the more I described her.

5) Is your story a stand-alone novel or a piece of a series?

I am still deciding on that.

6) What would you like your readers to take away from your story?

We have to live with the choices we make (the consequences) and we should never take anyone for granted. One last thing: our worst enemy is the one we can't see.

7) What's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer when it comes to focusing on their story?

Do it for yourself, because you love writing. Like that, you will not feel like your story is a failure if others don't pay much attention to it. You know your work, you are the first one who has to love it and promote it with pride.

8) Does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes, each character reflects either one of my good qualities or my flaws. So, it's like writing myself a letter.

9) What's something you believe would draw in new readers?

Make each chapter interesting, helping them not to feel like they wasted their time reading it.

10) Do you have any future projects?

Not really, but I have about 10 unfinished stories saved as drafts. I may set a goal to finish at least two of them by the end of this year.