A showcase with @ImTheGirl, author of addictive lies the one series book 3

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

Many things, but mostly the shady side of the music industry and 2000s teen dramas in movies and TV shows.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I originally did an outline for the original drafts, but I've foregone it for the new version of The One Series. So I know what plots I have in mind, but it's just organizing everything. I know I should do an outline, but it takes longer than actually writing the story.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The plot development and the character development. I just love reading the drama, and seeing how my characters react to whatever situation is thrown at them.

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

With Let Me Be The One, it's kind of varied, from getting mad at me to actually liking the story. In The Wanted, it's more like they enjoy the story, but get annoyed with the drama. In Additive Lies, everyone is enjoying the drama that unfolds in each chapter.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

Addictive Lies is the third book of The One Series. You can read each book separately, but I highly recommend you read Let Me Be The One and The Wanted first.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

With Addictive Lies, without spoiling anything, I would hope the readers would learn to be honest with both themselves and their significant others. Not to let lies pile up until something gives out.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

I would suggest that if you have a plot in mind, and it's the first draft, start off with working on the outline. Get all your thoughts and such organized. Do research on certain topics that you're not familiar with

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Alyson is the main character of this series. She's loosely based on me and my experience growing up as a teenager living in a conservative home. She and I were fangirls of a British pop group from the early 2000s. We're both ambitious and have goals in mind. We'll both do whatever it takes to achieve them.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

Typically, I would hope all of the drama that unfolds in Addictive Lies. But with the current situation going on, I would hope the new readers will get a nice distraction. The setting is in 2006/2007, and life wasn't disrupted; so hopefully also nostalgia.

10 do you have any future projects?

Book 4 of The One Series, which is titled Dangerous Scandals, will premiere later this year. That one will eventually get a mature rating. And I'm currently working on book 5 of this series. There may be another series eventually, but The One Series is my main project.

 There may be another series eventually, but The One Series is my main project