Chapter 22

Ria glared at Zian who remained stone-faced, throughout the time she undid the bandage on his hand. No he did not punch his father, even though he came quite close to it. He punched a wall in frustration. This kind of, almost broke his hand...  Almost.

Ria gently caressed his bruised knuckles stopping when she felt him wince a little and looked up to meet his eyes "Stop sulking." she said, trying to lighten the mood, feeling a little satisfied when she heard his mother chuckle. Zian continued to stare broodingly at the wall opposite him and both women knew it was only a matter of seconds before he exploded. This is what exactly happened.

"How could you possibly agree to this? How can you even think about it? There's nothing to think, you are not going back to him and that's final." his voice firm as he strode off.

Aamna sighed wearily and looked at Ria whose startled gaze followed her husband and then return back to her. Ria looked at her, her eyes silently urging her to say something, anything.

"Why?"

"I..." Aamna dint know what to say. Even she dint know why she was considering it, but looking at her husband after all these years, yes she was weak and she hated herself for it.

"Think about it, please." Ria pleaded "Don't make any rash decisions right now, take time to think."

Aamna just nodded and bowed her head.

How pathetic was she?

Zian closed off completely. Here he was just a few days ago, the happiest man and now. His father did know how to suck the happiness out of any situation. He sat in his room in Sebastian's house, glaring at the fire in the small Victorian fireplace. Ria came in the dark room and stood behind him, placing her hands on his tense shoulders, feeling the muscles bunch beneath her touch and slowly started massaging them. After few minutes she moved and sat on the small settee in front of him, noting how the shadows of the golden glow played beautifully, highlighting his dark, godlike features.

"Zian.."

"She can't.  She just can't go back to him, she can't believe his pathetic act because that what it is. It's an act and this time I won't let him succeed." he stated firmly and she nodded. She did understand him but...

"But what if he has genuinely changed?" she asked quietly.

"No, don't even think about it. People like him don't change. Ever." he glared accusingly and she sighed.

"Okay... okay. shh.." she tried to calm him down.  She got up from the settee and sat on his lap, stroking his hair away from his forehead, and he closed his eyes, sighing.

Nobody should be so evil to others that even when they actually change people get suspicious of their intentions.  Ria was lost in her thoughts when she heard him groan a little.

"I love when you do that..." he murmured hoarsely and she just smiled.

A knock broke their almost blissful silence and they turned their heads to Sebastian entering. He gave them a sheepish smile which made him look utterly adorable, on top of being really really handsome.  He really was an extremely good looking man.

Noticing the fan girl adoring look on her face Zian gave his friend a dark, threatening look, clearing his throat loudly to shake her out of her trance.

Sebastian smirked at his reaction and muttered, his smile growing bigger by the second "Kate just had her baby, we're both the godfathers to little Ian."

Hearing this Ria whooped loudly, jumping out of Zain's lap and fist pumping in the air. Both men looked at her with amusement, watching her rush to her closet and then to the washroom to change, ordering them both to get ready so they could go to the hospital ASAP.