Chapter 25

Zian entered his house. He knew he was late but things at the office had gotten out of hands. The mess he was in right now was not something he wanted Ria to be bothered by. He looked at the dim lights, the blown off candles and winced.

They had decided to have a date night and he blew her off. He looked at the post-it note stuck to the jug of water.

'FOOD IN THE FRIDGE."

That was..to the point. Something he never expected from Ria.

This was bad.

He dragged his feat to the kitchen, heating up a plate and then carrying it upstairs. The house was silent so she must have slept. What did he expect? Still waiting for him?

He knew he was ignoring her for the past few days, avoiding her if possible to not add to her worries..whereas all in all he was giving her more and more reasons to end this marriage.

No, he couldn't afford to do that. She was his life, his soulmate.

He entered their room, the light of the lamp falling on his wife who was curled up to his side, just in his tshirt and her shorts, and her hair spread on the pillow like a halo, she looked like an angel.

He moved to her side, gently caressing the frown she had on her face. Because of him.

So why was he doing this to her?

He took out his clothes and entered the bathroom, switching on the shower, the food long forgotten.

He still remembered the first time he saw her.

The party was in full swing, the top most business tycoons, a handful of politicians and a ton of models and A-list celebrities. Just another party.

Zian was bored, out of his mind. He had been dragged here but one of his business associate and close friend, Ryan.

"You know you're wife is going to kill you if she finds out that a Russian lingerie model was flirting with you? Wait..she is going to laugh her ass off when I tell her that you were so uncomfortable that you almost spilled the champagne on her." their friend Samar commented where as Ryan just glared at him.

"Oh hello Mr. Raizada..I believe you haven't met Mr.Suri?" the host, Mr. Khanna interrupted.

"It seems not." Zain replied sipping on his champagne.

"Well let me introduce you."

Zian nodded at his friends, silently communicating to rescue him within 5 minutes. He followed the host and was surprised when he saw Mr.Suri talking to some one else.

He wasn't was Zian had expected or was used to. Mostly the associates he met were short, balding and extremely pompous, but the one in-front of him had a fatherly vibe, extremely gently eyes and a welcoming smile.