Chapter 4

Her father's eyes widened and Ria felt a little dizzy, swaying in Zian's warm embrace. His fingers tightened on her waist. The surroundings became blurred and there were alarms ringing in her ears.. fire alarms which signify danger.

"Ria?" she heard a faint voice before everything blacked out.

Yeah, she fainted

After a few minutes, or hours later she opened her eyes.

What had happened to her?

She was lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling but her peaceful interaction with the wall was broken as she saw Zian's dark face looming above. There was something she saw in those dark bottomless depth of his eyes. Love? Compassion? Whatever it was, it was intense and those eyes did something to her heart.

She shifted a little, letting out a groan, a large hand stilled her movements.

"NO.Wait, let the doctor check you once more." she heard Zian's deep voice echo in the silent room.  She felt something cold, metallic on her arms, then something else but she managed to zone out as the doctor let out a mock examination. She turned her head a little to the other side and saw Zian's huge frame hovering behind the doctor, in the little mirror. His body was tightened and his face scrunched in worry. His eyes followed every little thing the doctor was doing, in concern.

The doctor turned to him and said, his voice a little amused "Your fiance's fine..just a low BP. No big deal--"

"NO BIG DEAL? NO BIG DEAL? She fainted. Is everything okay with her?"

"Yes no need to worry Mr. Raizada."

"But--"

"Zian."  Ria murmured, her voice coming out as a croaky whisper. Zian came to her side in a flash, the back of his palm touching her forehead to check if she had fever, then he touched her wrist to check her pulse. Ria looked at the amused faces of the doctor and the nurses in the room.

"I'm fine." Ria felt an overwhelming need to assure him, but more specifically to smooth the little pucker between his eyebrows.

"You sure.. WAIT.Let me help you."

Ria rolled her eyes at his behavior.

"Hows dad?"

"He wants to speak to you."

"Because of your stupid announcement? Don't you think you are carrying out this joke a tad to far?--"

He ignored her but helped her help the bed and followed her. He was holding her elbow, gesture she dint even notice as they entered her father's room.

"Ah Ria, are you okay?I wanted to come but these stupid doctor forced me not to get up. You okay honey?"

"Yeah dad I'm fine." Ria said and sat beside her father on the narrow bed.

"But what happened?"

"Low BP."

"Low BP? How many times do I have to tell you to eat your food. God such a stubborn girl. If I or Martha don't remind you, you would starve yourself to death. Your dieting phase is still not over! You look skinny.. pale and weak and the glow from your skin is gone. Do you want to look like a skeleton because in a few days you will---"

Ria hugged him tightly, tears running down her face. She missed her dad's food and skeleton scolding, her dad gently touched her head.

She moved away from him and looked at Zian. He was so quiet that she had almost forgot he was in the room. Her father caught her look and asked her

"So is it true you two are getting married?" Ria dint say anything but the happy, eager expression in her father's eyes had put the tape on her mouth.

Zian came and stood behind her, his arm wrapped around her shoulders. "Yes we are."

For a few minutes her father's eyes moved from her face to Zian's and back, before breaking out into a smile and nodding. He murmured something, but Ria couldn't catch a word of it. The doctor chose the exact moment to enter and check on him. Ria and Zian waited outside the room, not saying a word.

The doctor came out, briefing them on his condition and saying that her father was forcing him to discharge him from the hospital, and the doctor had agreed provided that he was under supervision of a trained nurse all the time.

The next few weeks passed in a blur. Zian came to visit a few times but she deliberately hid herselfor immersed herself in her college work.

Right now, she was doing her project in her father's library, humming softly. Her father's health had improved a little but he was still weak.  She got up to take one of the reference books on the shelf but with that a whole lot of dad's files came down.

She shuffled the papers but one caught her eye. She read the document, her eyes widening and then reading the rest. Her dad's company was bankrupt..well almost. In huge debt, a heavy debt taken from the Raizada Industries which there was no way their company could pay back, regardless of the time.  She checked the date on which the documents arrived, the same day her father had the cardiac arrest.

She heard the faint sound of the door opening and someone grabbing the papers from her hand, her head moved up and she saw Zian's face turned into a hard stone.

"You..your.. ?"

"Yes Ria, its my company---"

"You knew the company was at a dead end then why, why did you offer money to my dad? When you knew there was no way we could pay you back.. you wanted something right?"

" Yes Ria I wanted something. I wanted you and by god I'm going to have you."

___________________________________________________________________________________

Ria's dad>>

Hey people! Dont forget to comment, vote, add, fan and share!!

Hope you liked it!!!