Chapter 23

" I can't..I wont go back to him." Aamna told her children firmly. Yes she still felt something for her husband but he separated her from the most precious thing in her life, her son and for that she would never forgive him.

Zian let out a sigh of relief and Ria went ahead and hugged her.

"I know I probably sound like a total bitc* but I'm extremely glad that you're not going back to him." Ria whispered in her ear and Aamna let out a laugh.

"What was that?" Zian asked noticing their sudden change of mood, to his mother's wobbly, barely contained laughter to Ria's twinkling eyes.

"Nothing you should know.." Aamna replied ignoring her son's suspicious looks and Ria let out another peal of laughter.

Few days later..

"I cant believe you're going back.." Ria grumbled and hugged Aamna.

"I have to, my life is there now, but I'll look forward to your visits."  she moved to her son, hugging him, while he held her tightly.

"I'll miss you son. Visit me soon okay?" Aamna instructed and Zian nodded.

"Be happy always you both." Aamna wanted to say more but somehow held back.

She touched his face and smiled, a tear spilling on her cheek. She was leaving her son but this time she knew she could go to him, hug him, talk to him any time she wanted.

She went inside the airport, she turned to wave the last time. Ria had her arms wrapped around his waist and he was leaning into her. Her brave little boy. Ria tightened her arms around him as she noticed her expression. A silent conversation between them said it all. She was his support.

Happy, she felt happy and she knew as long as Ria is by his side, she wouldn't have to worry about him at all.

Zian turned, his shoulders drooping as they made way to their car. They dint speak on their way back but Ria held his hand the entire time.

"Ryan has invited us for a brunch today since Kate's been feeling a little low.." Zian said.

"And we'll be leaving soon, your college is going to be starting and I don't want you missing on your studies.." he continued and Ria nodded.

"And you should start preparing for what you want to pursue after graduation.."

"Hmm.." and he continued talking about pros and cons of each course she could take, where she could apply and Ria just let him talk..she knew he was trying to keep his mind off his mother going back to Amsterdam.

"Hmm..Zian?" she added after a while.

"Yes?"

"Nothing.."

"What tell me?"

"Nothing, its just..you just drove past Kate's house.."

"You guys are late..so late, here hold him.." Kate put little Ian in Zian's arms.