Chapter 10

Zian threw the door open, rushing in to the room to see if he hadn't ruined it all . He knew how she must have felt when he had left with Tanya but few things needed to be cleared and he had to do it before she created more problems for him.

He sighed in relief as he saw Ria's sleeping form on her side of the bed.

 She was on the edge and one movement, she would fall off the bed. She wanted distance and after tonight he couldn't blame her. Damn he was getting close to her before Tanya came and ruined it all

His little virago would wake up all red and furious tomorrow and he was prepared for it. Hell he deserved it. What idiot man left his wife to what it  seemed to looked as to be  with his girlfriend or worse mistress. His hands clenched in fists as he saw traces of tears on her cheek, and her adorable red nose.

He changed his clothes, cursing how this evening turned to a nightmare for them. He slid into the bed, feeling her body stiffen and sighed as he turned to his side.

The next morning there was no cuddling like the previous time, no closeness, just a feeling of dread and remorse filled him. They were scheduled to fly to Singapore tonight and he had yet to inform Ria.

Maybe she'll kill him.

Ria entered the room and heard the shower running. She was going to be totally mature about what happened yesterday.She was not jealous.. of course she wasn't. Being jealous meant she cared for him..okay maybe she was a little jealous than required.. Hell , who was she kidding?

She was burning with jealousy and she hated it.

She busied herself somehow, with her phone replying to the messages when she heard the door open.

"Breakfast's is--- OH!" her eyes widened as she took in Zian's appearance. A towel hung loosely on his lean hips and the rest was gloriously naked. Wet droplets made their way on the tanned skin of his broad chest to his abs. Her eyes moved to his face, his hair a wet mess and his eyes taking in her every move.

She cleared her throat uncomfortably a few times before she muttered "I'm sorry" and rushed out of the room, banging her knee on the edge of the door and stumbling a few times .Her face was burning and she gulped down the a glass of water as she sat on the chair. The image of her husband seemed to be stuck in her mind.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she dint even notice when Zian came and sat beside her, fully dressed in a Polo tshirt which stretched on the broad expanse of his chest and grey trousers.

"Ria.."

"Yes.. sorry. Your coffee, make it on your own--" she saw a faint smile appear on his face but she ignored it "-- and here is your breakfast." she busied herself with her own food, deliberately avoiding to meet his eyes.

The entire meal went without a single word uttered and Ria cured the silence as her mind was working overtime with the possibilities which made her cringe. The hardened herself to think and believe that it dint matter to her.. at all.

"Ria yesterday, about Tanya--"

"I don't care." she clenched her hands into fists, as she struggled to keep her voice indifferent.

"Contrary to what you believe, or to what you must have seen Tanya and I.. we were never together as--you  know a couple or--"  he gulped uncomfortably "--The thing is yesterday it must have looked as if she was my mistress or ex-girlfriend but--" he paused for a few moments, his eyes searching her face but it betrayed no emotion "-- she has never been more than a nuisance for me.According to her brother, who is a close friend she has had a crush on me for a long time which has turned to an obsession. She never was or is anything to me and I apologize for my behavior yesterday. I know you must be hurt---"