Chapter 27

Zain looked up from the documents he was reading, a satisfied smirk on his face.

It was done.

His eyes met his friend's who himself was trying to suppress his smile but the gleam in his eyes said it all.

Zian signed his approval and stood up to shake hands with Rohaan who was expertly avoiding his sister's evil glare. Tanya and his father had lost their little 'argument' and the board of directors had stamped their approval on the contract and the project they had been working on for a long time was finally in motion.

Zian was happy, he was excited. Yes the contract was a cherry on a cake but his happiness was for something rather someone else..his wife. Ria.

He walked out of the room and whistled happily making his employees look weirdly at him but he dint care. He had the most amazing person waiting for him.

"Zian.." his father's voice echoed from behind and Zian stopped. This was the last thing he needed right now.

Zian turned to look squarely at him, not intimidated by the owlish gleam in his father's eyes as he waited for him to speak. His father, now frail still had the personality that commanded attention.

"Congratulations.."

Zian dint reply, continuing to stare at the man in front of him whose life mission till now was to make his life miserable. His father smiled and said,

"I acknowledge that I have not been very supportive of your decision of not taking over the company that you were born to lead and resigning but that doesn't mean I'm not proud of you." 

Zian raised his eyebrows and his father gave him a cynical smile and continued "I may not have an appropriate way of showing it but I am."

"Thank you." Zian said after a moment, trying to take in and process the sudden change.

His father held out his hand,  Zian looked at it, staring back into his eyes and then shook it. Strangely, both men had reached a truce and it relieved Zian that his father wont be creating any problems for him, at least he liked to believe so. Zian nodded and turned to leave but his father's voice interrupted him again,

"How is your mother doing?"

Zian turned back, his glare turned icy, moving over his frail form and he replied, "None of your business."

"I guess I deserve that. Well it was good to see you son." he said, a small smile gracing his lips before he turned and left, leaving Zian feeling suspicious. Although the change was shockingly pleasant one, but still  it was wise to be on a lookout for any funny business that may occur in the near future.

Zian tried to block all these thoughts as his car pulled up and he sat, going over the important emails and messages, trying to get over with them in their 20 minute journey from the office to his home. He finished almost in time, his driver parking the car just when he replied to the last email and then switching off his phone, a giddy smile on his face as he made his way to his home.

Opening the door a small body hurled at him, reflexively he caught her in his arms with a surprised look . Ria grabbed his face and peppered kisses all over it

"I'm so proud of you." she said, and then kissed him which slowly turned into a make out session. Sinking on the couch, with her on his lap he moved back resting his head on the pillow while she sank her fingers in his hair. He sighed.

"Thank you love..How was your day?" he asked.

Ria kissed him again and then proceeded to describe everything in detail and Zian smiled. Ria stopped mid sentence "What?" she asked.

Zian sighed, a lazy smile on his lips as he said "Nothing just thinking.."

"About what?" she asked, giving him an amused look.

"That this is out happily ever after.."

Ria's eyes widened and she let out a giggle and he grimaced, "Inspired from Disney are we?"

She bent to kiss him on his forehead, the tip of his nose and then his lips. Moving back, she looked at him and said,

"This is just the beginning my love."

And he couldn't agree more..

___________________________________________________________________________________

And so here it ends..

I've tried to tie up the lose ends and tried to give Zian and Ria a proper closure since the last chapter's end was a bit abrupt.. Let me know what you think about it!!!!

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, Add, Fan and Share..

#PeaceOut