City of the Fallen - Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Reid’s POV

Demetria voice rang through my head as she summoned me to the roof, but the worry that laced through her was causing me to feel concerned, my girl was never this worried.

“What’s wrong Dem?” As I sat down next to her, which seemed the obvious thing to say but her gaze was fixed towards the entrance path that lead to the cottage mansion that we were staying in.

I peered onto the pathway to be stunned by the movement of the mercenaries that were walking up the hill and straight towards us. Dem was up and calling instructions which I immediately followed , I heard go get her sister and her friends so I was off and in search of them; they were in the kitchen preparing sandwiches, “We need to go, Now!” they looked at me strangely as to what could cause this guy to start making orders, “Why Reid?” Megan asked nicely enough but tainted it with sarcasm. “Mercenaries are coming they are on the hill and will be here any second”

As soon as those words left my mouth the three of them were gone and I heard Megan say “we will meet you out back”

I soon was packing as much of mine and Demetria’s stuff into one holdall as possible. Until I heard a bang and was rushing out too see Demetria telling Kat and Kayden to run, but that wasn’t the problem, the problem was she started throwing knives at those who known to be unstoppable and just like that one was behind her; piercing her stomach with his sword and retracting it.

I died inside but that did not stop me from ramming into the one who hurt her and making him fall downstairs. I grabbed her gently but quickly and fled.

We stopped after a few miles as Demetria was losing too much blood but I couldn’t let her die. “Please don’t leave me Dem” I sobbed over her lifeless body but Megan and her other witch friends said there was nothing they could do now.

That was until Kat came over and cut her hand and let her blood drip into my lifeless girlfriends fatal wound, she did this until her hand healed, but what she did next was astonishing she slapped Demetria and the echo stung not my ears but my heart. I lunged for Kat but Kayden was soon protecting her and I as I lashed out he pushed me into a tree and through everything that was happening to me right now I couldn’t be bothered to get up.

Kayden embraced me but I couldn’t hold back anymore and my tears and sobbed pierced the cold, silent air.

I’d lost my only love. The one in which thanks to them vile creatures, I would no longer be with. Or maybe I can.

Kat’s POV

Reid was sobbing his heart out with Kayden embracing him but I knew what I did looked wrong but I have been looking into my new powers and my body told me what to do. Please Demetria, wake up, if not for me, for read he loves you and he won’t survive without you there next to him.

I scurried across to where she lying lifelessly; on the brown decaying leaves, I placed a blanket over her body but not her face because I knew that she was not leaving me yet, because I may not be her real sister but our bond is strong and she will be the best aunt for mine and Kayden’s unborn child; which I can feel getting stronger day by day in my womb.

Kayden’s arms were soon wrapped around me and his tongue was tasting my neck and then my ear lobe, “I love you so much” he whispered in my ear as he hugged me harder but to a comfortable level; as his hands stroked my stomach, he felt the heartbeat and his eyes lit up like fireworks; it was his first time in the 8 hours since I told him that he had listening and felt the beating of our child’s heart.                                                                   

“How far gone are you?” he whispered after we lay down with our own blanket draped over us, with him holding me so my stomach was touching his and his chest was against mine. “3 months” I whispered, I hoping he wouldn’t be mad. “Why didn’t you tell me?” was all I got from his lost voice which I understood, I hid this from him. “I thought you would leave me, I thought you never truly loved me and that me having a child and your child at that would be a burden” a lost tear rolled down my cheek but was stopped by Kayden’s thumb as he stroked my face and kissed my forehead, “I would never leave you, no matter how bad something was, I would never leave you” a tear leaked from his eye now but I knew this was all genuine.. at least now I know, “I have always loved you and I am proud to be the father of the child that is growing in you and like I said before, I am glad you are the one who is carrying our child, for me you are mine and I hope you will always be mine, you do love me don’t you, do you want there to be an us forever” he kissed me again but this time on my lips.

“Kayden, I want no-one else but you, I have always loved you, since the day I met you, I may have thought you were a self-centred asshole but you proved me wrong and I love you, I love you so much and I’m proud that your are the dad to either our son or daughter, and I love you more than anything and I want nothing more than to be with you forever and ever” I was crying on his chest now as he kissed me once before saying “I will always be here for you and no-matter what I will keep you safe, I promise, now sleep please the baby needs you to rest, I will make sure those vile beings get nowhere near us”                                                                     

I soon cuddled up to my warm hearted man whose words were like a thousand kisses straight to my heart and I drifted off with the sound of our babies heart but also my partners whose heart told me he was writhing with passion and love and it was all for me and our child.

Demetria’s POV

I felt my body stitching itself up, my stomach wound was now no longer visible but I felt my blood rushing through my body and to my heart. Thump! Thump! What was happening?

That was until I realised my heart had started to pump my blood around my body, HUH! I gasped as I inhaled the freezing air that now filled my lungs as my eyes opened and came in contact with the view of a million stars. A blanket had been placed on me but was tucked around me as if I was asleep, someone knew I would not die and my thoughts are with Kat.

I managed to sit up and see the horror of Reid about to stab himself, I put my little strength into my voice and shouted “Reid don’t” with that his eyes met with mine and then he was next to me; holding me like I was a fragile china doll, he was now crying “I thought you were dead, I thought you were gone” I hushed him and wrapped my arms around him, knowing he needs to be able to feel my touch to know I am real and not a dream. “I’m here Reid and I will never let you go , but never and listen to me now, never take the easy way out, I would never want you to do something like that again” he looked at me with red eyes and I knew he was in shock but he had paid attention.

“I promise to never leave you and to never do anything irrational again, I love you so much Dem, please never leave me again!” he was hugging me so tightly and he never let go even as we drifted to the dream world of happiness in each other’s arms.