City of the Fallen - Chapter 11

Kat’s POV

My body felt like I was being burned alive. What was happening to me? I was using all my strength I had to not scream out in pain; I didn’t want to show my new friends how weak I actually was.

My eyes wouldn’t open at will, so I ended up using my ears to somehow make out a conversation “Hi, can we have a room please?” What? That was coming from the reception of this motel. I’m dreaming. But from what I’ve seen for the past through days, nothing could be a dream or a nightmare that would just go away.

The pain that sparked through every inch of my nerves made me want to end my life, but I knew I had to fight this, I could not leave Kayden; who I had now made up my mind that I did love him and also his friends Demetria who I treated as a sister as she did with me and Reid; who may have been a scary figure at first but became to be a good best mate and body guard; even though we don’t talk much, well at all.

Suddenly, my body stopped hurting; the pain drifted out of my body and left me feeling like a stone; cold and unmoving. I moved my left leg and began to be able to start to regain the ability to feel my own body.

Kayden’s POV

She was ice cold to touch, I began to worry. “This isn’t normal change behaviour” I looked at Demetria who was hovering over her, checking her pulse. “I know but she was bitten by the rogue vampire, we don’t know what that could have done, I’ve never heard nothing like it myself” she was calm toned but her face told us otherwise.

“She has no pulse!” Demetria was up and ready to do CPR but I stood there frozen, I can’t lose the only girl I loved. Not this one and if she did it would be my entire fault. “Do something!” I shouted. Not meaning to sound angry but Demetria understood and went to begin her CPR when… Beat! Beat!

“How?” was all that escaped my mouth, I was so confused that I never, noticed Reid rush in “They’re coming!” They can’t come now, we haven’t prepared for a fight and we are outnumbered especially with Kat unconscious and in a change that we have never heard of. “We need to try and stop them, how far away are they?” I insisted. “They won’t move until sundown” Reid told us how he overheard them saying but only because they will think we are at our most vulnerable. “We have three hours” Demetria said.

That’s when Demetria was flung up against the wall with hand around her throat. The hand belonged to Kat. She can’t be that fast but I was soon interrupted by her now musical toned voice “What happened to me!” She released Demetria as soon as she noticed what she was doing.

I was left astonished and wanting her more than ever. Her body was now more marvelled than before whatever had formed from my blood and a vampires blood made this beautiful goddess in front of me now; strong and drop dead sexy.

Kat’s POV

I felt a person above me and before I could even process my movements I was up and had my hand tightly around whoever had startled me. I shouted “What happened to me!” but then I realized my hand was chocking Demetria I soon released it and she dropped and Reid was there to comfort her. “I’m so sorry” I startled myself with this voice and then I looked at Kayden; he was defined in every detail his skin tightened around his jaw where his skin stretched smoothly over them to define his high cheek bones.

I went to walk towards him but I seemed to want to take one step but I took five already and had him pinned against the wall with my now concrete body. “I love you” was all that came from this now superior woman that had control of me and to be perfectly honest. I loved every second of it.”

“I love you too” was all he whispered and with that it sent a thousand of tingles coursing through me.

That’s when his face changed and turned serious. “They’re hear” and with that the three of them took place beside me forming a cage, “They must not get to her, she is even more powerful than we three put together” They nodded but a figure dashed through the glass; I could see the shards of glass breaking now as if someone had slowed it all down, then I noticed he was looking at me. He was soon kicked straight back out of the now broken patio doors.

Soon the three of them were busy saving themselves, when two men stepped in and looked at me. My body told me to stand my ground and it would do all the moves. I clearly agreed as the one man who was muscled; bigger than Kayden and Reid put together came charging towards me at supersonic speed and without even a slight effort my arm flung up and I had back handed this guy so hard he was flipping through the air and landing with a crunch against the side wall; leaving a clear dent.

I liked the feel of this. Round two my body told me as the second man came charging at me but this time the guy decided to jump but as soon as he did, I did and my leg flung straight out; like a ballerina and I fly kicked him in mid-air and well I definitely felt a few ribs cracks as he went tumbling outside of the already broken patio window but this time he sadly collided with the balconies barrier and smashed completely through it and descending below.

That’s when a pain so sharp hit me in the stomach and it was then I noticed a large piece of glass protruding from my stomach. The men straight away left as I slid the piece of glass out and dropped leaving a flow of blood pouring out of my now open stomach.