City of the Fallen - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Kayden’s POV

I was walking out of my room when all of a sudden I heard a beating sound. This confused me completely because we were never allowed anything with a heart beat in the manor. I walked towards the stairwell. That’s when the most beautiful creature emerges into my sight. She looked so defenceless and weak. I perched myself on the bannister and watched in fascination as this girl turned and locked eyes with me. I don’t know what came over me but I just wanted to be right next to her. So using my lovely speed ability I was exactly only mere inches from her; a sweet, petite, young, gorgeous brunette who had the most exotic morning blue eyes with the hint of fear.

What happened next was out of my control as my lips swept over hers and they tasted marvellously; candy and mint. I lusted to keep my lips locked on hers and to top it off I felt her loosen from her tense, stiff structure. She was actually enjoying this as much as me.

Our embrace was suddenly broken as I was hurled straight into the oak wooden door. I looked up to see…Jaxton. His eyes were full of hatred. “What do you think you’re doing Kayden?” I spat and noticed my crimson liquor that had now covered a part of the marble flooring. “I’m sorry” I managed to gasp out as I knew my body would need to heal from the broken ribs Jaxton had just given me. But no he was about to finish me off. His eyes were full of death; more than usual and with that he lunged.

A pair of arms entangled around my chest and I noticed it as the girl I had just kissed. She gasped as Jaxton punched her right in the ribs, aiming for me really. She collapsed onto the ground, still but breathing. Rage was now coursing through my veins and with that I lunged for Jaxton, who had no idea I was going to attack and with one clean slice of my now sharp fingernails his head was on the floor and his body crumpled and jerked as bloody poured like a fountain out of his now headless body.

I quickly took the girl to my room and placed her on the bed. Once I knew she was safe I called upon one of my most trusting companions Demetria; a tall elegant girl no more than 21 with long locks of flame coated red and rose red eyes to match. She quickly helped me help to fix the young girl who had saved me from my unnervingly painful end. After the girl was healing, we headed down to the entrance hall and cleaned and disposed of the body. Leaving nothing that could be used to say it was me who ended the life of the head of the manor.

I was alert and ready as she woke and tried to sit up. She gasped as my hands I guessed enclosed around her shoulders to stop her from injuring herself more than she was already, I lay her back down onto my pillow “Are you okay?” I said as reassuring as I could; it was uncommon for our kind to fall for mere mortals but especially a person who never even knew what I was.

All that managed to escape through her rouge lips was “Why?” This was making me look at her with my mind telling me what I could do to such a beautiful creature that was called ‘Human’. I wandered outside where Demetria was waiting to talk. “She can’t stay here it’s too dangerous for us all” I was astonished but should of known myself that such a precious and fragile human could not stay here even in my protection. “You are a complete and utter moron, if anyone finds out that you are hooking up with a human girl they will make sure that the masters are told” This got me going because was what Demetria was saying true, did I want to hook up with her? Did she even like me? I think not since I pushed her against a stone column and planted a kiss on her lips but to my amazement she had slightly enjoyed until we were interrupted by a now none present Jaxton.

“I’m not hooking up with her but yes I may have feelings for this human but I am not going to allow you to tell anyone about this, are we clear?” I was gentle with my approach not to aggravate the person in front of me who would jump in front of an angelic bullet for me.

Her composure relaxed slightly “I wasn’t going to tell anyone anyway, I know you like this girl and I am happy for you, Kay I treat you like a younger brother and I want to protect you but you are making this really hard for me to help” I was intrigued with her reply but I knew what she was getting at and that’s when I got the idea. “Okay we need to get her out of here as soon as she is fit and ready but before any of this, have you disposed of the body” As I had left before she burnt the body a few hundred feet away so no-one at the manor could smell there commander; Dead and burning.

She nodded in agreement. “The girl will be safe don’t worry Kayden no-one will hurt her, and I will be right by your side always” I was happy with her answer, and with that I left her to get her stuff ready as for what we were about to do tonight would never be forgiven no matter who judged.

I heard a slight movement in my room. I approached the door to see the magnificent girl standing in the shorts and tank top that Demetria had put on her. Her gaze locked with mine as I had no other option than to look over her with lust running around my head repeating “Kiss her, do something with her!”