City of the Fallen - Chapter 14

Authors note:

Sorry about not keeping my word but I have been ill for the past few days and needed time to think about where this story is going but I am back now and will deliver an amazing story.

Please vote and tell me what you think.

Chapter 14

Kat’s POV

It felt like I was walking for hours but I couldn’t help but think about what was happening to Kayden, we were starting to connect and now I might not see him again.

Over the months I went from a scared weak fragile shell to someone with immense power and clarity. I was Katherine Linx and no-one would stop me from getting back my lover, who I hoped shared the same feelings.

Demetria broke my train of thought “Kat, we will get them back, I promise” she looked at me with a knowing look of sympathy. “It’s all my fault” I knew if I had never of met them, they wouldn’t of be in this situation.  “Kat none of this is your fault, we all love you, I envy your image of others, I could never have asked for a better person to be my friend” A tear streaked down my cheek as I saw absolute truth in her eyes and laced all throughout those encouraging and blessing words.

I wiped the tears away and I found the courage that Demetria had given me “Let’s get our men back” She smiled a full ear to ear smile and cheered “YEAH!”

We walked out of the woods and into what looked to be a storage place. I didn’t ask questions, I followed Demetria’s lead, until she stopped by one of the storage sheds and pressed some numbers into the lock and with that the lock opened and so did the shutter to reveal a Bugatti Veyron. “Omg is that yours?” I screeched, off course I was a massive car fan and knowing that I had been in many races in my life but off course that life was so secret that I had forgot about it when I moved from England.

“Yep” as she strolled towards the driver’s door and nodded for me to get in to the passenger side, which of course I happily obliged. Buckling in, Demetria sped off from the storage department and we were soon on the highway, possibly heading towards that someone who could help us out.

“So you like cars?” Demetria looked at me and then back to the road ahead, “Yeah, I love them, your Bugatti Veyron is amazing with its 0-100km/h in under 2.5 seconds I would say it’s one of my favourites, but my one would have to be the Aston Martin DBS that would be my ultimate car” “I love the DBS and wow I would never of thought you to be a car girl and actually be able to state statistics” I smiled at her shocked expression.

We drove for at least half an hour before pulling up to what looked like an abandoned ware house. “Be careful Kat these people can get pissed pretty quickly but I shouldn’t have to say anything to be honest you have amazing strength, we just need to learn you the correct skills” She gave me a concerned look “I understand” she nodded and we both stepped out of the car and made our way the door.