City of the Fallen - Chapter 24 Finale

Chapter 24

Kayden’s POV

It had been 5 months since the attack and our hiding and the boy who spied on us for three days had been caught. I was only terrified as Kat’s waters had broken a mere hour ago and I was going to become a dad for the first time, we told Kat’s mom that she was offered an internship at one of the offices up north and she brought it and we agreed to send her money each money which was easy as we never had to eat.

I was pacing up and down the bedroom now as Kat was lying there effortlessly, “Kay calm down, me and the baby are perfectly safe, maybe being in this motel isn’t the best place to have a child but that’s okay” She gestured for me to lye next to her; I did as she asked and placed myself carefully next to her, “I love you Kat, so, so much, I only want the best for you and I can only do that as long as you promise to stay with me forever and for us to be a family to our child” she looked at me weirdly and nodded for me to continue. I got down on one knee “Katherine Maywood would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?” my nerves were setting alight because if she said ‘no’ I wouldn’t survive I needed her, I need her to love me as much as I love her and now our unborn son or daughter.

Kat’s POV

“Katherine Maywood would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing; I thought he would never ask me…. “YES!” I shouted as I began to cry “What’s wrong?” He urgently asked, “I never thought you would ask me, after all these months of me carrying our child I was hoping but I just… I just couldn’t picture me having a family having a husband and a father to my child as good as you” I couldn’t help be smile as the tears poured down my face. “Kat I have been trying to find the words and the moment to ask you, I have been waiting for you for a very long time and I would never let you be a single mother as I love you too much to ever leave you and I love our child equally I could never do that to you” Now he was crying as we hugged and he kissed my forehead.

“Oww!”….. Was all that came out when I was pushing  my child out of my body; the pain was completely unbearable but I knew that if I did not do this I would end up hurting my child. Kayden’s hand was reassurance as Megan and Dem were helping to deliver the baby as Reid was on my other side helping by holding other hand as he was nervous as well.  “Push Kat, push harder it’s almost here” Demetria was now flooding with tears as she was looking at me with excitement in her eyes.

10 minutes later…..

*Silence is broken by a babies cry*

“It’s a boy Kat!” I was overwhelmed but then I had the urge to push again.

“Kat you’re having twins”  Megan’s voice chorused through the room, “Okay Kayden take your son please” she handed my first son to my fiancé as I began to push out my other spawn of life.

5 minutes later after consistent pushing….

“Oh Kat, Kayden your daughter has arrived” Her cries echoed through the motel; it was angelic and my son was sleeping adorably in Kayden’s arms.

“What are their names?” Everyone asked me and Kayden at once… Even me and Kayden wasn’t expecting twins so we decided during the 3 months remaining of my pregnancy that if I had a boy his name would be Dominique Kayden Quent and if a girl Mikala Katherine Quent.

“For our daughter it’s Mikala Katherine Quent and for our son Dominique Kayden Quent” Kayden and I said in unison.

What would become of our lives now?

Our wedding should surely be amazing and magical.

But will they find us again.

We had too much to lose to let them find us.

I would fight to protect my children.

Kayden would not let any one touch us.

Let the adventure begin.

Authors Note:

Book 2 of the City of the Fallen will be published soon but I have my finals coming up so I know this story ended quickly but in book 2 you will see more about the boy who was not in the ending and also the wedding of Kat and Kayden.

Hope you enjoyed!

Just remember this is only the beginning