City of the Fallen - Chapter 20 New friends.

Chapter 20

Kat’s POV

My thoughts were chaotic and out of control by the time we reached a clearing in the snow covered plain of what I suspected to be a mountain; by how much uphill running we did. What were those things that such strong immortals such as Kayden and Reid feared them as well?

When we had finally settled down by a cave; that looked scarce and never ending, I needed to get some questions off my chest. “Who are these Mercenaries?” “Why are they after us? Why on earth did they attack us for no reason?”

Kayden’s arms were soon entangled around my stomach and pulled me into his warm and inviting chest; like he was shielding me from all the bad things that just occurred and what will happen in time. “Are you okay?” his voice was sugar coated with worry but I knew I was fine, actually I was pissed off that these people had to ruin my lovely holiday where I became a freaking immortal creature; who could control different elements and be the girlfriend of a charming, elegant and overall all desirable man-candy; my man Kayden.

“I’m fine but who were they Kayden? And what did they want?” I know I was asking too many questions but I weren’t going to let them get bottled up inside of me and then me to make up answers to them, I wanted the full truth.

Kayden’s POV

I know she wanted answers, but I don’t want her to worry about these creatures, that were supposedly indestructible and undefeated in any battle in which they were sent to. That they were the ones who killed even the toughest and most powerful of our kind.

Tightening my hold on Kat’s waist I placed kisses tentatively on her neck and jaw line, “Don’t worry, they won’t lay a finger on you, I promise” I would not let anyone hurt her. She was mine and if I wouldn’t lay a finger on her than no-one else would either.

“So what are we going to do?” My voice remained steady as I intended it to be. “We are going to a safe house in the mountains about 4 miles away from here, so get ready to run for 4 miles straight” Demetria jumped and started stretching after Megan had said her line she ran straight ahead without even letting us know. “Kat you read?” I was by her side helping her up.

“Yeah!” She was up; hand in hand we nodded to each other and like that we were running up the mountain, following the scent in which Megan gave off; sweet but very turpentine coated.

Running up the mountain seem to take longer than I thought until we caught sight of a house that was made of wood but also it looked like it could fit around 20 people in it, already the door was half open and there stood Megan hugging two people; a male around my age and a girl around Kat’s age.

Roman’s POV

Megan had told us to meet at the mansion in the mountains so the mercenaries would not get to any of us, but I was curious as to why they were suddenly attacking us.

Megan soon arrived with her sister and her friends, “Hello I’m Roman and this is my girlfriend Lakkita” I smiled enthusiastically whilst holding onto Lakkita’s waist like she was going to fall. “Hello!” beamed a girl who was clearly Megan’s sister Demetria, she was fast; as she wrapped her arms around Lakkita and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and then the same to me. “I’m Demetria, my sister has spoken about you two quite a bit” she was evidently suspicious but also happy; probably because she thought Megan had no friends at all.

“It’s nice to meet you all” Lakkita’s voice sang across the snow coated mountains as her angelic voice drifted to their ears. “Thank you, like wise” A girl who must have been around 17 stood with a guy who must be Kayden; as Megan had described him to a ‘T’, so this young newbie must have been Kat. “It’s nice to see you Kat, Kayden, Reid” I spoke clearly but not loudly; just at the right level to be heard. They all gave incredulous nods and Kat a pearly white smile.

“Come on! I know we don’t catch colds but I’d like to do something better than standing out here talking!” Megan’s voice broke the cascade of silence that fell and we were all soon approaching the door way and heading to find rooms. Me and Lakkita found ours near the end by an elongated window in which gave a clear view of the snowy topped peaks of the many mountains.

 We soon packed our belongings into the specified storage which consisted of the few jumpers and trousers, Lakkita’s consisted of snow suits and dresses which I never could understand and her one suitcase was full of  heels; which she always stated ‘Everyone needs heels’ but I thought that was kind of biased but who knows.

“So what do you want to do?” I asked her as I intertwined our arms together into a hug and placed kisses along her jaw; seductively never taking my eyes off of hers. “How about we see how comfortable the bed is?” She whispered into my ear as she sucked on my earlobe; sending me into a state of unbearable frenzy.

I hauled her up and placed her on my hip as our mouths connected in a tongue battle for dominancy; which clearly I won as my tongue swirled through her mouth and allowed me taste her delicacy.

I placed her on the bed, whilst I tore her tank top off of her, she gasped as I knew this was one of her favourites, but this didn’t stop our intimacy as she pierced my best shirt and shredded it off of my body leaving my bare chest on display. Thinking this was a bit unfair, her bra was soon tore in half and scattered somewhere on the floor as now we were both left bare; well on the top half that was.

“I love you” she moaned into my ear as I sucked on her neck, “I love you too baby” I whispered through my gasps of lust gained from her luscious scent and flawless skin.

We were soon far into intercourse but that never stopped us from tasting each other’s lips as we made love in our new bedroom; on our new bed which would be our sanctuary of love for a while.

We were soon drained of lust as his member slipped out of my hot spot. “Shall we have a shower?” I asked as I traced my fingertips over her bare chest and down her sternum.  She nodded and that’s where our love session ended….. Well for a day or two.