City of the Fallen - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Everything was a blur from the moment the bright light of the schools corridor went out from whatever was yanked over my head; a black screen was all that was visible through my eyes as I was hearing mixed voices of possibly two males “Boss said he wanted her to come willingly, what are we going to tell him?” this one sounded more nervous than Kat did but who was their boss? Why would he want her in the first place? “Shut up, I’m trying to concentrate on the mission in hand, put the girl in the back and make sure she is secured, I don’t want her getting away.”

As soon as I heard those last few words , my body was flung on to a hard, cold metallic flooring and my arms were grabbed and a tight pain went through my wrists; possibly the chains or something that were meant to restrain me. But why didn’t they just lock the door, I’m not strong enough to break through the metal doors in which I could now see as the big heavy dirty black bag was removed from my face but as I was allowed to view my surroundings, I noticed the white faire hair on the man who must of chained me to the floor, as he closed the van or trucks door, with the sliding of a bolt I presume.

I felt like I’d been sitting on the cold metallic floor for hours; though I couldn’t tell because my phone had been taken from me when whoever these people are grabbed me. When suddenly I hilted forward as the brakes squealed to a sudden halt and doors opened and closed as footsteps edged closer to the rear doors where they kept me.

The bolt was slid from its securing position and then it hit me, there stood a man completely different from whom ever had snatched me from my school corridor and took me to this forsaken wasteland of decaying buildings and what smelt to me like burnt rubber; here stood a man in a black, slim fit suit that done its job of showing his slim build in which I could tell he weren’t a guy to get his hands dirty. However there was a demeaning look to his face that had now turned into an unpleasant smirk of terrifying admiration and a slight surprise. “Who is this?” as his almost pale pinkish lips moved up and down but his eyes were not in focus with mine but the two that stood a few feet away now looking in despair at each other, then the one with the faire hair colour stepped forward his hands shaking with fear “this is the girl you asked for, boss” the way he said ‘boss’ made me wonder how such an innocent looking 15 to 20 year old man could make a man of many years almost cower in fear and be fumbling to try and find words that would apologise for the so called ‘boss’’ anger.

“This is a mere child!” his face reddened but not like a normal person would when angered but more like his face was being engulfed with fire making his eyes look blood red….

That’s when it hit me. This guy had blood red eyes and almost paper white skin and gave off an unusual presence. This man was not a mere human like me or his mere workers. “ I should have sent one of my nine to do this job and save the trouble of burning you piece by piece” his hands flew up and the faire haired man was starting to crumple in pain and eventually his body was a mere shell as he looked unconscious or maybe…Dead.

That’s when he face had turned back to mine and his piercing velvet eyes were focused on mine; my body tensed as if he was going to do the same to me as he did to the man who had disappointed him. “I’m sorry for the inconvenience my dear child, I did not mean for you to see any of this but I’m afraid you’ve seen too much” that’s when he eyes noticed mine hovering over the man’s still frozen figure , unmoving but she couldn’t tell if he were breathing as she couldn’t see any movement from the chest area.

The voice was sweet and reassuring when the man with demon eyes spoke to me again “oh child that will not be your fate” his eyes gazed over the ragged body and landed back on mine “he has been disappointing me for a while now but I will discuss what will happen to you after a nice meal, would you join me?”, I thought of saying ‘no’ but my body told me otherwise so with my eyesight beginning to blur from the burning sensation in the back of my eyelids which thankfully were doing the job of holding my tears back, I replied with a short and simple “yes”.