Chapter 19

Oh Crud! She stared at the bathroom door. What had happened? She lay in bed fretting mindlessly stroking her bump. Her Bump! It's this stupid bumps fault! That's it. That's got to be it. I'm hopped up on baby juices or whatever happens to a woman's body

"You're going to get me in trouble." she accused her bump glaring at it. She felt like a completely different person. A person with crazy emotions and urges. A person falling apart and trying to pull herself together. 

She glanced at the bathroom door and debated in her head as to whether she should go get her ring before she forgot and upset Drew. She knew she'd make it to the bathroom and back just fine; however, she also knew she was going to move at the pace of a snail and didn't want Patrick to catch her on her feet. Nah, I'll just make him get it when he comes back. The bathtub events played over in her mind like a movie. Grabbing his muscled arm as his magical hands moved so fast sending her into ecstasy. His lips. Oh His lips. No! she shook her head as if she could shake the memory off her so she'd never relive it. Was that just the baby juices or was that real?

         She thought back on the last two weeks when he'd been the only one there for her. Sure he'd grumbled and wasn't the sweetest person ever, but he was there. He was there when she felt like she would die, when she was bored out of her brain, and when she was just stuck there. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. As if a red alert had gone off in her head she remembered when he attacked her and knocked her out however long ago and when he'd touched her during her "exam".  Goosebumps covered her arms. Or maybe he wasn't. How would she know? What was he really capable of? Her heartbeat sped up and her hands became clammy. Someone who was so dangerous had been so so close to her. 

    A light knock snapped her attention. Here he was. With her food. Would he attack her again or poison her? No. Why would he put so much energy and time into keeping her alive just to poison her? Unless he was more sinister than she thought and had a long painfully drawn out plan of torture.

  The door knob turned. She swallowed as if she were stuffing her worry and anxiety down to her stomach to hide till a later time. The door slowly opened and a head popped out from behind it.

"Chloe!" it was Drew. He greeted her with a smile, but she could see in his eyes he was surprised to see her. Why? He'd had all these roses and the box of chocolates waiting for her. Maybe he'd just gotten busy and forgot. "How are you doing, My Dear?" he asked quickly crossing the room to her and taking her hand in his.

He placed a sweet kiss on her cheek.

"I'm fine." she answered as sweetly as she could and smiled at him adoringly. She didn't know if she was acting well, but he didn't seem to notice her phoniness.

"Drew!" a female hollered from the hallway. Huh?! Chloe's head snapped in the direction of the open door. Who was that and why was she calling him Drew? No one called him Drew. No one except her. Or so she thought. "DREW!" the voice was closer.

Drew let out a heavy, irritated sigh. 

"Who is that?" Chloe asked looking him in the eye. And then she appeared in the doorway. Monica. Chloe couldn't take her eyes off her. She was in shock. She didn't want to jump to conclusions especially after what she'd just done in the bathtub, but something told her they had a closer personal relationship than breeder/impregnee. 

"Oh." Was all Monica said before closing the door and fleeing down the hallway.

          "What was that?" Chloe asked staring at the door feeling a little miffed honestly.