Chapter 12

Why does it seem like every time I step foot in this room it is dark and the fan is on?

"I was just resting." he explained before turning on one of his bedside lamps. It light up the room just enough to be comfortable. He stood in front of her his hands in his pockets showcasing his bare chest proudly. "What can I do for you?" he asked. 

"I don't want to be in my room." she stated simply. A small smile tugged at his lips. Opening his arms up to her.

"I'll comfort and protect you." he smiled at her. Knowing what he wanted she stepped into his arms and wrapped her own loosely around him. His smooth tan skin was so warm. He smelled fresh like he'd just showered. His arms tightened around her waist. For some reason that made her feel cared for and safe. The tears she'd tried so hard to keep in came pouring out.

"It was so bad." she muffled against his skin. "Her eyes were open. I saw them." It was so hard to say, but she had to let the words out. "Her body was broken and mangled. And the blood. Oh the blood!" she squeezed her eyes closed. He placed a hand on the back of her head.

"Hey, it's okay. I got you." he whispered to her.

"I'm scared." she proclaimed with a shiver as the tears continued to rain down. He pulled her back to look her in the eyes. Using his thumbs he wiped away her tears. "You are going to be okay." he assured her.

"But how do you know that? It . . it . . it looked as though her body had been ripped open from the inside." The woman had been thrown in the bathroom. The woman laid there lifeless, her stomach ripped completely open. Chloe could see the woman's broken spine because there were no organs to cover it. The woman's body was covered in claw marks. Something had clawed it's way out of her.

"I don't want to die." she whispered. "Not like that." the Professor swallowed hard and looked away for a moment. He didn't know what to tell her. He'd hoped she wouldn't remember that much. "What did you put in her? You said you were trying to make other species. What was that? It had claws!"

"You need to calm down. We can't talk about this right now." he stated firmly.

"We can't talk about this right now? Then when will we? Drew, I don't want that to happen to me." she felt like she was being hysterical, but she couldn't help it. 

He took her face in his hands. "You are okay. That is not going to happen to you. I would not do that to my own baby." He kissed her forehead.

"What was in her?" he didn't answer her question. She groaned pouting at the fact he wouldn't tell her anything. "Drew," she whined.

         "I already told you I can't talk about this. Now, would you like to join me?" he kissed her hands before jestering towards the bed. 

Chloe looked at the big warm, soft bed. It was the biggest bed she'd ever seen with the softest midnight blue blankets and pillows. She remembered how it felt well. But he was the guy that had done that to that woman. As secure as she felt when he'd held her she couldn't deny what he'd done. 

"I don't know." she answered honestly.

"What do you mean you don't know?" he asked irritated that she didn't give him the answer he'd wanted.

"I want to." she admitted. 

"Then get in the bed." 

"But . . you still did that to those women."

"What?!" he was angry.

"You impregnated all these women without there permission. And you are creating little monsters within them not caring whether these women live or die."