Chapter 4

The blonde man kicked open a heavy looking door and threw her inside the room. the sound of her face meeting the hard floor echoed through out the room.

"What is the meaning of this?" the professor demanded.

"She refuses to eat."

Did that really warrant being thrown around?  She picked her heavy head off the floor and tried to hold it still. When would she ever get off this horrible ride? The men whispered to each other. She didn't care enough to try and listen to their conversation. One of the men left, slamming the door on his way out. She jumped at the loud crash of the door.

"Chloe." the professor said more firmly this time. She could hear no smile in his voice. He slowly strode toward her till he stood so closely in front of her that she could see his shoes with her head hung . He waited. She knew he wanted her to look at him.

"Chloe, I am talking to you." his voice was firm and strong, sprinkled with flickers of annoyance. She just nodded. I know.

"It is rude to not make eye contact when speaking with someone." 

Is this guy seriously talking to me about whats rude? I just got thrown on my face!

"Come now, Chloe." he cooed. He bent to gently grasp her chin and lift her head till she met his gaze. He unexpectedly gasped for a quick fleeting moment. He quickly covered his shock and shook away any emotion in his eyes. He darted his eyes away from her as though her gaze burned him.

              "ICE!" he yelled a little too loudly causing Chloe to jump. Keeping his eyes averted from her, he stood and walked away his back to her. "You need to eat." he stated.

Chloe took in the big office type room. It was pristine white. Nothing was in it though. One big glass desk. One long counter behind it with perfect white cabinets and shelves that filled the whole wall. One black leather sofa in the corner of the opposite wall. That was it. No windows, no pictures, no colors. It was odd. 

            A man she'd never seen before came in with a tray. He set it down quickly and quietly on the professor's desk before darting back out of the room. Had she not looked up in time she would've missed him. The professor grabbed the ice pack that was already wrapped up in a towel and walked back over to her. She watched him quietly. He didn't talk and he refused to look at her.

        "Keep it there." he instructed placing the ice pack on the side of her face. She held it in place without saying a word. He grabbed the tray and brought it to her on the floor. It consisted of saltines, cinnamon raisin toast, cut up strawberries, and a tall glass of orange juice. This is an odd combination.

"I know you are nauseous and stubborn, but you have to eat something." 

She didn't move or touch any of it. He groaned in annoyance before grabbing a piece of her toast and took a big bite out of it. Holding her eyes as he chewed, swallowed, and then took a drink of her orange juice.

"I'm not going to kill you. Well, not yet." he chuckled to himself. "Now, eat your food."

She stared at him for just a second longer before eating, She knew she was hungry, but didn't realize how hungry she truly was till she couldn't stop eating. She ate almost everything. She was too full to finish everything.

"Good girl!" he patronized her with a smirk plastered on his face. "Now go lay on the couch." he nodded his head toward the black leather couch in the corner. It did not like comfortable at all.

         "Can't I go back to the big bed?" She asked.

"The big warm bed in your room? The room where you misbehaved?" She was not a fan of his smirkiness right now.

"Misbehave?" She found the word ridiculous. It's not like she'd thrown stuff around or tried to fight someone.

"You were not a good girl, Chloe. You did not follow instruction. I will not reward you with a big comfy bed. You will sleep on the couch."

She rolled her eyes as she turned away in defeat. He snatched her jaw in his hand and brought her face back to his face.

"Did you roll your eyes at me?" he demanded in a gruff tone.

Chloe gulped audibly and tried to shake her head 'no'. He knew what he saw. Running a hand threw her hair he firmly grasped a fist full of hair and pulled it. She yelped. He smiled.

"I certainly hope not. I'd hate to have to remove those pretty pretty eyes of yours."

She shook her head viciously. "Calm down. I won't this time. But that was your warning. Tomorrow you will meet the other girls and you'll see what will happen to you should you decide to disobey. Now go lay on the couch." he let go of her and gave her a push toward the couch.

              The couch was small and cold. The leather stuck to her skin. He didn't shut off the lights or dim them. He just sat at his desk and watched her try and try to sleep. There was no fan for some sort of noise. It was too bright, too cramped, too cold, and too silent to sleep. She got a few minutes here or there. Finally, out of pure exhaustion she fell asleep for a whole hour.

           Her eyes slowly opened to find the professor a mirror inches from her face staring at her, She jumped at the sight of him so close when her eyes fully opened. He chuckled. 

"Come." he ordered walking towards the door. "It is breakfast time." He opened the door and turned back to look at her with a big gleaming smile, a smile hiding something. He looked like a kid about to pull a prank.

"Are you ready to meet the girls?" he asked.

the girls? The girls who were screaming? The girls behind the bolted doors?