Chapter 9

Chloe woke up in a dark room with a headache.

"ugh!" she groaned rubbing her poor throbbing head. She rolled over onto her back and felt the smooth soft cotton sheets beneath her. "mmm!" she hummed to herself. Her eyes were closed gently with a small smile on her face as she swept her arm across the cool sheets once more. The fan making a nice humming sound in the room. For a moment she felt at ease, so comfortable, a tad bit blissful. For a moment. That's the thing about moments. They end.

Opening her eyes, her heart stops for a moment. Standing at the foot of the bed castinga looming shadow over her was the Professor. He didn't smile, he didn't glare. He just watched her with a blank expression. It was terrifying to see no emotion in someone's face.

"Chloe," he stated. He wasn't addressing her or even calling to her for a response. He was listening to the sound of her name roll off his tongue. "Chloe. Chloe. Chloe." he didn't move but his eyes gleamed. She could barely tell from the limited glow of light in the room.

"This is why I asked you to be mine. To shelter you from the dangers of this place." his tone was grave and and held deep emotions of sadness.

"Then why not take me away from this place?" Chloe whispered in the dark. Pausing for a moment as if in thought. Something told her he wasn't expecting that response.

"I'm afraid that is not an option." he said shaking his head.

"Why not?"

"Chloe!" his voice rose. He huffed in frustration before continuing. "Do you understand that you were in danger?" He walked around to the side of the bed getting closer and closer to her face.

"Don't you understand what vulgar words he said to you?" He took her hand. "He said he wanted to put his dick in your mouth what despicable words." his disgust and disturbed "emotions" were too over the top. She was slowly becoming irritated with him but didn't let it show.

Just get to the point.

Yes, she was upset about what Patrick had done and said, but found it very hard to believe that on some occasion the Professor hadn't done the exact same thing.

His big calloused palm caressed her cheek. "Chloe, you need to take me up on my offer. Be mine and I will mark you as mine and protect you."

"But what does that even mean?"

"Simple. I will claim you as my woman and then men can't even touch you without my permission."

"But won't you touch me?"

"Of course. I'll be your man." he was slowly getting closer and closer to her. She feared he might kiss her again and put a firm hand on his chest.

"Hold on." she stopped him. He chuckled his breath fanning her face. "I don't even know you." she continued. "I don't even know your name. And I'm just supposed to jump in your arms? All I know is you put a baby in me without my permission. You say you want to protect me, but won't take me from this place. This is all so much." she sighed not realizing how out of breath she was. "I can't figure out if I should trust you or not?"

He inhaled a sharp breath before pushing himself back from her. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know if you are good or bad."

"Why would you think I'm bad?" his voice was low but icy. She could almost feel his body heat up with anger.

"You impregnated me without my permission." she stated slowly and clearly in a very "duh" tone.

"How do you know I didn't have your permission? You don't even remember your last name." he spat back. His words stung a bit. She huffed offended and mad. That's when it occurred to her. What is my last name?