5.11

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked while we stared at the red and gold gauntlet Tony made to hold all the stones.

"I'll do it." Thor took a deep breath in.

"Thor, maybe not-" I shook my head, Thor cutting me off, "It's okay."

Thor went to grab the gauntlet and Steve placed his hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"Wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve shook his head.

Thor shook his head, confusion written on his face, "I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it." I said.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." Thor puffed out his chest. I know he felt bad about not killing Thanos when he had the chance, but we all messed up one way or another so it wasn't just his fault.

Thor sniffled, his eyes welling up with tears, "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

Tony sighed, placing a comforting hand on the gods shoulder, "Look– It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition."

"Starks right." Natasha said, "Someone else has to do it."

"What do you– What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor wiggled his fingers up and down, creating little lightning sparks.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey replied and I had to bite my bottom lip to keep from laughing.

"Lightning!"

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me." Bruce stared at the gauntlet, "You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" Natasha asked.

Bruce shrugged, "We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like...I was made for this."

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony gave a thumbs up to Bruce in question and the professor nodded.

"You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Tony said stepping inside his Iron Man suit.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce mumbled before slowly putting on the gauntlet. There was a colorful surge of power and Hulk fell to his knees, grunting in pain.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor screamed.

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony yelled slightly.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Bruce grunted, fighting through the intense pain coursing through his body. He managed to snap his fingers, weakly sliding the gauntlet off his arm before fainting. Natasha kicked the gauntlet away, all of us rushing towards the professor.

Bruce grabbed Steve's arm weakly, "Did it work?"

"Guys– I think it worked!" Scott bounced up and down excitedly.

My spider senses went off, every hair on my body standing to attention. I looked at the window, seeing a single missile heading towards the compound. I webbed Scott, pulling him back from the windows as the missile blew the base.

NATASHA'S POV

I groaned, holding my head as the warm blood trickled down my temple. There was a faint ringing in my ears as I pulled out my flashlight, finding myself in some pipes.