5.2

YOUR POV

Now that we were back on Earth, the Quinjet arrives at the upstate New York Avengers HQ. I took a deep breath, pulling off my mask. Nat gave me a worried look and I gave her a small smile, kissing her forehead before we followed Steve. Sam and Wanda were both holding up a wonded Vision.

"Mr. Secretary." I greeted with a smirk.

Ross scoffed, "You got some nerve. I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Nat shot back.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?" He Clenched his jaw so hard I thought it was going to snap.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too." Cap took a step forward, hands on his belt.

"Arrest them." Ross told Rhodey.

"All over it." Rhodes said before swiping away the hologram. "It's great to see you, Cap."

"You too, Rhodey." Steve smiled, hugging Rhodey. Rhodey gave Nat and then me a hug before taking a step back.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years." Rhodey chuckled.

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam snorted.

"Yeah, I bet Steve picked the most interesting rooms. I mean, did you ever see our apartment." I chuckled.

Steve turned towards him, failing to hide his amusement, "I thought you liked our apartment."

I hummed, "Yeah the stolen memorabilia from your era really made the walls pop."

Steve lunged for me and put me in a headlock, giving me a noogie as I laughed.

"Uh, I think you look great."

My head popped up, looking at Bruce who awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "Uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back."

Steve let go of me and I straightened out my suit and fixed my hair, biting my tongue so I wouldn't say something.

"She's wearing your ring. She's engaged to you." Steve whispered lowly in my ear, probably sensing my jealousy and distain.

"Hi, Bruce." Nat took a step forward but stopped.

"Nat." Bruce replied, having trouble containing the adoration swimming in his eyes. It made me want to throw up.

"This is awkward." Sam nudged me.

I walked up to stand next to my fiancé, glaring at Bruce, "Keep your love struck eyes to a minimum and we won't have a bigger problem."

I hit his shoulder as I walked past him, Steve and Sam following me and I knew the others were probably too. My suspicions were confirmed when Rhodey shut the door behind him.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda added.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asked Natasha.

Nat sighed, "After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest."

"Who's Scott?" I asked.

"Ant-Man." Steve informed.

"There's an Ant-Man now? What's with all the bugs?"