3.14

I sat down on the edge of the docks Nat and I had been to, a small smile tugging back my lips when I thought about the memory. The smile turned into a frown when I realized everything that just happened. I looked at my knuckles, seeing my fist more than raw, bleeding down my fingers and the back of my hand.

"Shouldn't you be on your way to Russia?" Tony asked sitting down next to me on the docks.

I sighed, "Tony, I'm really not in the mood."

"I'm only going to say this once and after that, I'm denying I ever said it...I'm sorry."

"What?" I glanced at him.

"Denied."

I sighed, looking out over the water, "I'm not apologizing because you deserved it. You're like a five year old that drinks."

"Speaking of drinks, two bottles of Vodka for refreshments."

I grabbed the bottle of Vodka from his hand, ripping open the top and gulping it down.

"How did you find me anyway?" I asked taking another drink, the burn hitting the back of my throat.

Tony popped open his bottle, "I flew around the city for an hour."

I chuckled, "I'm pretty sure I knocked you out cold."

"You did." Tony hummed, "I really should have thought that fight over."

"You've apologized. You can leave now." I told him, bringing the bottle to my lips.

Tony sighed heavily, "Nat isn't leaving her room. She came back to check on me and then disappeared. Steve is trying to talk to her."

"I've got nothing to say." I shrugged.

"Well. I'm not going to be able to talk you down, I don't think anyone will be able to really. But, I've left you a gift at the compound."

"Bribes don't work on me, Stark."

Tony shook his head, "It's not a bribe. Think of it more as a parting gift. Natasha needs you, you know. The things I said I shouldn't have. I was just blinded by my anger."

I took a few more gulps of the Smirnoff, seeing half the bottle was gone and I had a slight buzz, "What's yours and Peppers secret?"

"I wish I knew, kid." Stark said softly, "Maybe it's love or her and I are soulmates."

I stared at the half empty bottle in my hands, "Maybe Nat and I just aren't meant to be that. Never will be. I have too many insecurities and she's constantly held back by her past."

"You don't really believe that do you? That you and Nat aren't supposed to be together?" He chuckled.

I shrugged, "Every possible thing that could have gone wrong, has. Is that not the universe painting a big poster saying 'don't be together'."

"Fuck the universe. If you've gotten through this much together already, you can get through more. You're the couple that sticks."

I shook my head, "I don't think so. We tried, we fight, we makeup, fight some more, it's a never ending cycle"

"So you both are assholes, but you can't deny there's chemistry between you both and it would be a shame to end it now. Do you see yourself with her?" Tony asked.

"I don't see myself with anyone."

"you know, the things I said about Bruce and Nat fucking... aren't true. You have Natasha freaking Romanoff head over heels in love with you, and you're half drunk on a dock right now."