2.12

STEVE'S POV

"Hey, I have to go. I love you too." I looked up when I saw my neighbor, Sharon, end the call.

I smiled politely at her, noticing the large laundry basket full of clothes on her hip.

"Um...if you want, you're more than welcome to use my machine. Probably cheaper than the ones downstairs."

"Oh yeah? What's it cost?" She asked raising a brow.

"A cup of coffee?"

"Do my ears deceive me or is Stevie flirting?" Y/n gasped walking up the steps and towards us.

Sharon giggled, "Hey y/n. Staying out of trouble?"

Y/n playfully rolled my eyes, "You know me, Sharon."

Sharon shook her head, a smile on her lips. I furrowed my eyebrows looking between the two. When they get to know each other?

"Is that my jacket?" I asked y/n. Y/n just shrugged.

"Well, I'm going to go and do this load. Also I think you left your stereo on."

"Thanks." I smiled politely, watching the blonde leave down the steps before turning towards y/n.

"Did you leave the stereo on?" I asked in a hushed whisper.

"And have you get on me about the electric bill? Nope."

YOUR POV

I followed Steve inside the apartment, both of us entering cautiously as he grabbed his shield near the door. Both of us rounded the corner and saw Fury sitting in the dark.

"I don't remember giving you a key." Steve sighed, letting his guard down.

"You really think I'd need a key?" Fury scoffed, "My wife kicked me out."

"I didn't know you were married." I commented.

"Lot of things you don't know about me." He replied.

"That's fair." I said just as Steve said, "That's the problem."

I reached over and turned on the light, my eyes widening when I saw how badly Nick was beaten up. He had dried blood running down his nose, a few drops on his grey t shirt. Nick turned the light off and put a finger to his mouth, telling us to be quiet. He reached out and typed something on his phone. It read EARS EVERYWHERE.

"I'm sorry to have to do this but I had no place else to crash." He typed out another text, this one said SHIELD COMPROMISED.

"Who else knows about your wife?" Steve asked.

Another text read YOU AND ME.

"Just... my friends." Fury grunted, shifting in the chair.

"Is that what we are?" Steve scoffed and I couldn't help but wonder where this tension was coming from.

"That's up to you."

My spider senses went off but I couldn't figure out where the threat was coming from until Nick was shot three times in the chest, his body falling out of the chair, blood spilling out of his mouth. On instinct I ducked as did Steve.

"Holy shit!" I gasped.

I ran towards Fury, Steve doing the same as we dragged his body into the next room.

"Don't... trust anyone." He grunted, handing Steve a flash drive. "You.. either.. y/n."

My head whipped towards the door when I heard it being busted down.