2.16

THIRD PERSON POV

"Sir.. he's unstable. Erratic." A scientist told Alexander Pierce who just walked in.

"Mission report." Alexander said crouching down to Bucky's level.

Bucky stared blankly at the man, strapped down to a chair in the middle of the room.

"Mission report. Now." Alexander pressed.

Bucky didn't respond and Pierce strikes him across the face.

"The man on the bridge.. who was he?" Bucky finally asked.

"You met him on an another assignment." Pierce explained.

"I knew him." Bucky said, trying to wrack his foggy brain to figure it out.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century, and I need you to do it one more time. Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine, and HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves."

"But I knew him."

Pierce turns to the scientists, "Prep him."

"He's been out of cryo-freeze too long." The scientist said.

"Then wipe him and start over."

YOUR POV

"Here's some more water." I set the cup on the table near where Natasha was sitting, her shoulder stitched up and I knew it was going to leave a scar.

"Thank you." She smiled softly. I nodded, turning on my heel to leave when I felt her grab my wrist.

"Stay."

I nodded, sitting down next to her on the small bed.

"What happens if we don't complete this mission?"

"Then millions die. I die." I said softly.

"I don't want to take things slow anymore. I want to experience as much of a normal life as I can have, with you. You've been there with me during this, making sure I'm okay and taking care of me. You put me before you and I put you before me." Natasha said delicately.

"Some people would call that love. But I know we're both not ready for that word yet. I want to go at whatever pace you want, and if you decide that you want this right now, then we'll have this right now. We'll have it tomorrow, the day after that. A year from now, even. I'm here for you no matter what you want me to be."

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

I smiled, "Then I can be that."

Nat leaned in and we shared a small and innocent kiss. We pulled apart and I stood up, holding my hand out for her to take. She did and we walked over towards the others.

"We need to stop those crafts." My girlfriend said. Woah. My girlfriend.

"I don't think the council is accepting my calls anymore." Fury said pulling out a case full of black chips.

"What are those?" Sam asked.

"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized." Maria explained.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." Nick said, handing Steve, Sam and I each a chip.

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational a whole lot of people are gonna die." Maria looked at each one of us.