4.6

When the car finally stopped rolling, I looked around the car with blurry vision. I closed my eyes and groaned at the throbbing in my head, feeling blood trickle down my nose and down the side of my temple.

"Is every one okay?" Natasha asked weakly.

Every one said that they were okay except Melina.

"Melina?" I called out to her.

"M-my arm. It's broken but I'm fine." She grunted, turning her body around to look at us.
I sucked in a breath and rammed my shoulder into my door, popping it right off its hinges. My body fell and stumbled out of the car, the wet ground soaking into my finger tips. When I was steady enough, I helped the others out of the car.

I looked back towards the road, seeing the figure of Taskmaster standing there like a statue.

"Alexei, take Melina back to the apartment and lay low. I'll give you guys a head start. Yelena, Nat, you both should go with him." I told them.

Yelena glanced over my shoulder and even in the night I could see her jaw clench.

"No." Yelena shook her head and I nodded lightly, knowing I wasn't going to convince the Russian.

"We're doing this together." Nat smiled weakly at me, the cut on her lips spilling out a little more blood. I nodded absentminded, my brain starting to run a mile a minute.

I felt... I don't even know what I felt. I felt off, that was for sure, but why? Taskmaster was different than anyone I've fought and I know all villain's were different, but this man seemed more skilled than a regular assassin. I knew I was going to have to rely more on my spider senses.

We ran back up the hill, onto the open road but the man wasn't anywhere I could see.

"Where is he?" Yelena asked.

My spider senses went off and I raised my arm, blocking a hit from the man. I blocked another one of his punches, his strikes never letting up as he kept pushing me backwards. Nat ran towards him and jumped on his back. He pulled back enough and I punched him hard across the face. I repeated my actions, jumping and giving him a kick in the chest.

Yelena even came to my side and both of us were exchanging punches. Nat activated her widow bites and shoved them in the pressure points of his neck. He tensed, but only for a moment. He headbutted Nat, flipping her off his back and throwing her right into me. On instinct I wrapped my arms around her as I fell backwards.

"You okay?" I asked.

Nat nodded, getting up and helping me to my feet. Taskmaster had Yelena by the throat and I shot a web at his face, pulling harshly making him drop Yelena. Nat rushed over to her sister as Taskmaster and I charged each other.

I blocked a punch, only to receive one. No matter the move I made, he used it against me, always having a one up on me.

"You are the most interesting hero I've fought yet." He told me, using one of my moves against me, "You have seven different moves and I know them all. No matter the move you make, I copy it. You can't kill me."

I hissed, stumbling back and holding my jaw. I shot a web at him, eyes widening in surprise when he caught my web. He pulled me closer to him and punched me with his entire being, right in the side of the face. I gasped, falling to the pavement.

I managed to block the first kick, the second one I couldn't. My body was stunned I thought this was it for me when he kicked my in the nose. I felt the bone break and tears welled in my eyes. I tried to push myself up but he kicked my down, stomping on my wrist when I tried to raise it. I whimpered in pain, his foot applying more pressure.