2.11

YOUR POV

"So, where are you taking me, Ms. Romanoff?" I asked stuffing my hands in the pockets of my brown leather jacket. Well, Steve's jacket. I might have borrowed it without asking.

"Well, I for one am starving."

"I could eat." I nodded, "You thinking junk food and rooftops, or classy dine ins?"

"I was thinking more dine in. No super hero stuff, just two normal people out on a date." Natasha looked over at me.

I smiled, "I can do normal. After you." I held the door open for her. Both of us entered the well lit taco place."

"Hello! How many?" The hostess greeted.

"Just two." I smiled.

"Right this way." She said grabbing some menus and leading us to an empty booth in the middle.

"Thank you." Natasha said.

"Your server will be with you shortly."

"Would you look at that." Natasha laughed staring at the menu.

"What?" I asked.

"Says here they're running a special for married couples. They get half off on their order of two tacos or more." The ginger smirked at me.

"Well, my wife, it would be a shame for us not to take that offer." I smirked back, closing my menu.

"Yes, yes it would." Nat giggled.

"And here I thought you wanted to take things slow." I teased.

"I just couldn't help myself. I mean, I've seen the looks other girls give you and I just had to have you all to myself." She purred, setting her menu down.

I quirked an eyebrow, "That so?"

Nat nodded.

"Well, then how come there's no ring on my finger?"

Natasha quirked a smile, ripping the paper off her straw, folding and creasing it a few times before gently sliding the paper ring on my ring finger.

I gasped, still playing along, "Wow, you shouldn't have. This must have cost a fortune!"

"Only the best for my wife." Nat smiled. I did the same with my straw, folding and creasing the paper until I made a paper ring, gently sliding it on her ring finger.

"There," I smiled, "Now it's official."

The waiter soon came and took our order, giving us the married couple deal even though we didn't have real rings. He said it was because he thought we were cute together.

"We are cute, aren't we." Nat sighed lightly, a small smile on her lips as she took a sip of her water.

I hummed, "Have you ever thought about getting married? Even before you joined SHIELD?"

Nat sighed, a little more heavily this time, swallowing down her water, "Um, well, honestly no. I've never known anything like that and didn't ever see my life going that way. The red room has certain.. things.. they put in your head."

I noticed she shifted uncomfortably in the seat, "hey, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want. I don't want to push."

Nat shook her head, giving me a reassuring smile, "It's okay. I know it's not good to keep things bottled up. The red room where I was trained forced the idea that love was for children. It was nothing more than a game and was below us. Even having feelings or having a crush on someone wasn't for us so we shouldn't bother ourselves with insignificant things."