3.5

I was so out of it and so mentally fucked up as we landed near a farmhouse. Clint cut the engines of the jet off and lowered the back ramp.

"What is this place?" Tony asked the closer we got to the humble home.

"A safe house?" Thor asked.

"Let's hope." Clint mumbled, openeing the door, "Honey, I'm home."

A very pregnant woman walked around the corner, one hand placed on her belly. When she saw Clint she beamed.

"Sorry I didn't call ahead." Clint apologized.

"This has to be an agent." Tony whispered towards me.

"Guys, this is Laura." Clint introduced us to his wife.

Laura waved awkwardly, "I know all your names."

"Dad!" A little girl with a little boy came speeding around the corner, jumping in Clint's arms.

"These must be two smaller agents." Tony whispered towards me.

"Did you bring auntie Nat?" The little girl asked.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Nat smiled, opening her arms wide. I watched with a smile on my face as Nat squeezed the little girl and boy, then hugging Laura.

Tony nudged me and wiggled his eyebrows. I playfully rolled my eyes, shoving him.

"Sorry for barging in on you." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony laughed.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low." Clint kissed his wife cheek.

Nat touched Laura's swollen belly, "How's little Natasha, huh?"

Laura jutted out her bottom lip, "She's...Nathaniel."

Natasha bends towards Laura's pregnant stomach, "Traitor."

"Thor?" I furrowed my eyebrows, following the god out of the house.

"I saw something in that dream. I need answers, I won't find them here." Thor used his hammer and flew out of here.

I nodded, going back into the house. Clint was handing some old clothes of his if we wanted to shower. Clint told us where the shower and I went first, letting the water soak into my skin. My body tensed up when I felt arms encircle my waist, a soft kiss being planted between my shoulder blades. I relaxed when I realized it was just Nat.

"Today went pretty well." I laughed stiffly, trying to ease the mood. Nat grabbed the two in one shampoo and conditioner and began rubbing it in my hair.

"Yeah, if you look past all the destruction. It went pretty well." Nat chuckled, massaging my scalp. My eyes fluttered closed and I enjoyed the euphoric feeling.

"You could have died today."

My eyes opened and I rinsed my hair out, beginning to wash Nat's hair.

"Tony needed backup and Clint was taking care of you." I shrugged.

Nat stepped under the water stream as I washed my body.

"The Hulk is-"

"-strong? Yeah, I know. But I did the right thing because if it wasn't me, then they'd send you in to sing him a fucking lullaby. What if you got hurt? He's already hurt you once and I- fuck, Nat. What if I wasn't there that day on the hellicarrier and he-"