1.5

"Bro, what happened? You lost your legend title." Will asked bursting into the nurses office.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't really care about a title, Will."

"You should. I overheard Mary Ann and Juniper talking about wanting you to take their virginity, now they don't care."

"All because my title is gone?" I scoffed at the situation, "Maybe they should hold out for someone who's actually going to care about them."

I stood up, feeling my cuts sting.

"You going soft on me now, y/l/n?" Will put his hand on my chest to stop me for going out the door.

I looked at my friend, his eyes a light shade of pink from all the grass he smoked. With a small sigh, I spoke again.

"Don't be stupid." I chuckled pushing him playfully, "Me and soft don't mix. If anything, it's their loss I can't give them a good time."

"And she's back!" Will tossed his arm over my shoulder, leading me out of the nurses office, "Come on, let's go smoke a few under the bleachers."

My brain kept running, all the thoughts about my new found powers just kept going and going and going. I was more than sure this spider is the one who gave them too me, because I'm also more than sure I never had these powers before. But what was I supposed to do with them?

I mean, why me? I believe everything happens for a reason so why was I seemingly chosen to get these powers? Am I supposed to fight for the little guy, stop a few car thief's and burglaries?

What was I even going to call myself? Spider-Woman? Wait, that's actually a good-

"Y/n, watch out!"

The hairs on my arms stood up, a weird feeling washing over me as the right side of my head tingled. My reflexes were fast, catching the football aimed straight towards my temple with ease.

"Damn, how'd you catch that?" Will asked in amazement.

I zoned back in, blinking my eyes at him.

"What?" I responded, throwing the football towards the group of athletes, completely missing and hitting the goal post, bending it in on itself.

I cringed, ducking my head.

"Will, I gotta go." I rushed out before turning on my heel and running off the football field, ditching my last class.

Another type of attribute from the spider. Some form of spider sense. I had to admit, it was pretty cool. As if my ADD wasn't an enough form of the jitters, I had this spider sense to alert me of incoming danger.

I snuck in my room through my window, knowing Hank was home because he didn't have a job like my mom. God, I really hate that guy. My computer loaded while I stuffed the headphones in my ears, shuffling my music as a Phora song came on.

My fingers typed expertly on the keyboard, looking up some spandex to buy. If I had these powers, might as well look the part.

[...]

Mary Jane: hey 😊

Me: hello 👋🏻

Mary Jane: r u busy?

Me: no but I'm a little caught up in something

Mary Jane: meet me at the coffee shop downtown when you're done?

Me: I'll see you there :)