2. Social Meetings

° Violet °

"I hate this" I muttered to myself with a groan as I attempted to shove my books into my locker.

The locker was on the very top row, leaving me to have to stand on the very tips of my toes to retrieve anything from the small space provided.

"You need help there?" a deep voice asked from behind me.

Wit a startle, I quickly turned around, seeing a rather tall figure topped hover over me in curiosity, and amusement.

"Uh—yeah" I said shyly, "Can you hand me that book please" I pointed to my French book.

"No problem" he smiled whilst he towered over me to reach for my textbook.

I thanked him as he handed me the book, "So why is it you're out here, instead of in class?" he asked, leaning against the wall of lockers next to mine.

I looked at him strangely, wondering why a stranger was so interested in what I was doing.

"I came in late" I explained, clutching onto my book over my chest.

"Why?" he asked with a small cheeky smile.

I looked at him strangely again, "My mum was talking to one of her friends in the UK on the telephone, she had to drive me here" I told him hesitantly.

"Is that where you're from? The UK?" he asked, "It's just—your accent" he motioned to his throat.

"Oh—yeah, I am" I smiled nervously, "Wait, why aren't you in class?"

He shrugged, "My first class is a free period, so I simply decided not to go"

"You have a free period?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, we all do" he snickered.

"I don't" I told him in a soft tone.

"Oh, so you're a Freshman? Of course, I should've figured by your incredibly shit placed locker" he snickered, tapping his hand on my locker door.

I looked at him in offence, glancing at the very place he spoke of.

"Well, you better get to class he smiled cheekily yet again, and began to make sure toward the exit, "Oh, and if you ever need anyone to help guide you through this hellhole of a high school. Just look for Luke" he spoke as he walked backwards to the door.

"Luke?" I questioned confusingly.

"Yeah, Luke" he winked, and walked out of the building's hallway.

"And I'm Violet" I sighed to both myself, and the empty hallway.

Closing my ridiculously placed locker, I checked my schedule, and began my way to class.

° Jessa °

Something we had to do before we went to class was get the keys to our lockers, mine of course was close to Juliet's, with her being my roommate.

Someone I had not seen yet was Violet, who I was entirely sure to be our third roommate. Though with the mystery of the fourth bedroom in our house, I wasn't quite sure anymore.

Violet was a typically shy girl, but once you got to know her—was she a handful. But with her, it was absolutely worth it; and although I absolutely loved Juliet's company, her abundance of greetings were driving me slowly, yet surely, insane.

She'd greet nearly every stranger with random phrases containing her name, as well as insured in shaking each, and every, one of their hands.