31. Social Nights

° Violet °

Christmas holiday was soon to be over, and the new year had come upon us. The crisp January air tingled at my cheekbones as I roamed around campus after deciding to come back to school a few days prior in order to accompany Juliet.

"Being away from everyone for two weeks helped me clear my mind" Juliet explained to me, "But if I were to clear it any more, I'd go insane"

"And that's why I'm here–" I told her as I set down my bag, "–to keep you from slowly going mental" I laughed.

Juliet laughed along, "It's been fine overall, just getting a bit lonely"

"Not anymore" I smiled to her, "I brought as many old movies as I could find, so we're in for a ridiculously cheesy night"

"I do like cheese" Juliet said with a small giggle before we began toward her room.

"Has Alicia spoken to you yet?" Juliet asked, and my shoulders dropped.

"It took her a while, but she eventually did" I explained to her.

"What happened anyway?" Juliet asked me in curiosity.

"Nothing too major" I explained to her, not wanting to tell her that the true reason Alicia and I had an argument was because of what she told me about her and Michael.

I had been the only one Alicia told about the fact that she only began dating Michael because of the insecurity her mom supplied to her—and it was heartbreaking to hear.

Juliet just shrugged, opening the door to her room, "Oh, and another thing" she said to me, "Ashton's here too"

I looked at her in confusion, feeling my chest begin to tingle, "He is?" I asked, wondering why he was on campus during a holiday.

"Yeah, I saw him with this little kid. It could be his family, but I don't know" she explained.

"How strange" I mumbled, furrowing my eyebrows in thought.

Juliet's eyes widened, and she frantically repeated the word 'no' which I was confused about, "I know that face" she told me, "Violet, don't meddle—promise me you won't meddle"

"I wasn't going to meddle" I defended, "I'm just curious as to why he has company on campus during Christmas holiday"

"I have company on campus during Christmas holiday"

"Point taken" I muttered, pursing my lips, "It's just—curious"

"Don't meddle" Juliet told me once more.

"I'm not going to meddle!" I told her in defence.

I was going to meddle.

Ω ∆ Ω

I had no clue where Ashton's school house was. After walking in countless circles—and beginning to stress since I had told Juliet I was just going out for fresh air—I eventually frustratingly figured out that the class sections of houses had maps. I scanned over the board for Ashton's name, eventually finding him under 'I' for Irwin along with his roommates, Drew and Bailey.

Walking up the path of the boys side of the houses—finding it foreign since I've never ventured through the area—once getting to Ashton's door, I softly knocked on the door as I contemplated what I'd say to him.

The door creaked open, and whilst expecting Ashton to be revealed instead a relatively shorter figure showed up.

"Hi" I giggled, bending down the slightest to attempt to reach his height, "I'm Violet" I held out a hand.