"Hold on sheesh, slow down!" I warn Buck to go slow and not to push himself

"Hold on sheesh, slow down!" I warn Buck to go slow and not to push himself. He needs to take it easy these next few weeks. Captain Nash isn't letting him come back to work and of course Evan being Evan didn't handle it well. It was like deja vu he said, something bad happening and not being able to jump into work where he feels he should be, doing what he loves most. But I told him it's better to be fully recovered and be at his best when he returns to work. With what he's been through in the past I figured he would've learned but I guess not. Although I'm the last one to speak. I should take my own advice and go easy on myself during my last few days left of this "vacation" Dr. Harrison has prescribed me.

"I got it" I slowly push myself in front of Buck beating him to his front door. It's dark inside and I wait for Evan to walk all the way inside before switching the lights on.

"SURPRISE!" Multiple heads pop up from behind his furniture; Maddie, Chimney, Hen, Bobby, Athena, Eddie, Christopher, Gigi, Amanda, Tyler and Mazzey. I search Buck's face for a reaction and it was better than I had excepted. For a moment I thought he was going to cry because of how glossy his eyes were but instead he shouted.

"IM HOME BABY! Oh my god" his hands cover his mouth, "you guys" he turns to me, "you" but before he could say anything else I look towards Maddie.

"I couldn't have done it without her" Maddie cocks her head, her lips pouting as she fans her face trying not to cry. Bucks sister steps away from our crowd of friends and throws her arms around her brother. This is now one of my favorite moments, seeing Maddie being able to hug her brother.

Bucks first night out of the hospital was fantastic. The small surprise party was a success. Everyone was dancing, drinking except Christopher of course; we had his juice far away from the adults happy juice, singing, even crying. Mostly Maddie. Only Maddie actually. She was overwhelmed with emotion and I don't blame her.

Evan finally was able to meet my friends, a proper introduction this time. They've only ever seen him at the hospital. Towards the end of the party when they were getting ready to leave they all whispered to me how much they like him. Their approval meant a lot.

"Now it's time to get moms approval eh" Gigi nudges me.

"Not yet. I want to wait longer before that happens... I haven't even told him"

"Oh come on!" Gigi shook her head. "When are you deciding to tell him?"

"Tonight" I say without thinking. Yeah, tonight sounds like a plan. I swallow down my anxiety.

"Can I just say how right I was? About Russell and B-"

"G" I glare at her. She raises her hands.
"But I was right. He admitted he was into you. Too bad for him he waited too long." I wish she hadn't brought that up because now I find myself feeling bad for Victor.

"Anyways, I have to drive Mazzey home. She has work in the morning and so do I!" She throws her purse over her shoulder before looking down at me. I sit on the edge of my chair as Gigi lowers herself to half hug me.