41.

Gigi raised a brow in question. Waved her hands in front of me.

"Stel? Are you listening at all?"

No, I am not. Once Gigi, Amanda and I walked in through the doors of SweetCup Café an hour ago, my mind has wandered off to the last time I came here. The day where I was going to make everything right with Buck. We were going to be happy again. I was going to be happy again because I would've been with my person again. The one who adds on to my happiness and fills me up with love.

But instead it turned into the day I lost him. And that is all I've been able to think about since I walked in here. So no, I have not been listening to a single word my best friends have been saying.

"I'm sorry, G. I zoned out."

Her features soften, realizing then why I haven't been listening at all. Guilt washes over he face as she looks to Amanda.

"No, we're sorry love. We didn't think about that when we decided to come here" Amanda says, putting a hand over mine and giving it a small squeeze.

"It totally slipped my mind. God, I feel terrible now" Gigi leans over the coffee table and takes my other hand in hers.

"Don't feel bad. It's okay, really" I look at the both of them, squeezing their hands in mine. Wanting to move on from the topic and free my mind, I ask if they want to order coffee.

"We've been here an hour and haven't even ordered yet, Yasmín probably wants to kill us for being those kind of customers" 

"Oh, she does. She's been eyeing us the whole hour" Amanda points towards the front of the café with her chin. I look over my shoulder and spot Yasmín behind the counter, cleaning around the espresso machine and chatting to a young lady at the counter.

"I'll go put our orders in. Umm" I pause for a moment, searching my mind to see if I can remember their usual.

"Iced caramel macchiato upside down and a uh, iced green tea?" I look at them for affirmation.

"With honey and mint" Amanda adds.

"Here, take my card. It's on me" Gigi fishes her debit card out of her purse and extends it out to me but I don't take it. Instead, I grab my wallet and stand up from the couch.

"No it's okay, I got it!"

Before Gigi can insist as she tends to do when we all go out, I make my way to the counter. The young woman, who seems to be around my age, is babbling about finding out about her husband having an affair and throwing his stuff out this morning and her phone has been off the hook. I patiently wait behind her.

Yasmín continues to clean her espresso machine and gives the woman soft mhmms. She finally turns to look at her but catches my gaze. I see the relief behind her eyes.

"What a pig! Leave him" she says flatly. "Excuse me for a minute, I have to take her order" Yasmín looks to me and the young woman follows her gaze, her sapphire eyes locking with my eyes.

"Oh!" She lets out a small gasp. "I am so sorry, I didn't see you. I hope you weren't waiting long" She gives me an apologetic smile and steps aside.

"See ya Yasmín, thank you for letting me rant"
"Of course honey, take care."

The woman looks to me one more time then back to Yasmin, waving goodbye to us both as she walks to the door. Yasmín lets out a long sigh once the girl is out of the café.

"She's a good person, super sweet, but geez can she talk your ear off" Yasmín sets down the cloth she was cleaning with and looks up at me, one eyebrow arched. "Took you long enough to order" she says as if annoyed but gives me a good natured smile.