13.

6:05p.m. The end of Stella's shift.

My mouth falls open as Buck pulls up to the hospital in one of the trucks from his station with the sirens on. I look around everywhere to see who's all watching as this crazy man jumps out the truck rushing straight towards me. I stare at him with wide eyes trying to figure out what the hell is going through his mind.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I scream at him over the blaring sirens. That mischievous grin that tells me he is up to no good is all I see as he scoops me up into his arms. I gasp as he laughs hysterically. This man is insane.

"BUCK" is all I can manage to say, more like scream, as he lifts me up onto the fire truck. This man was able to walk with me over his shoulder and place me into the passenger side like nothing. The door shuts before I could try to jump back out and he is rushing over to the drivers side now.

"I told you earlier. We're going for a ride!" the truck lets out a long and loud hunk before he is pulling out of the parking lot. Oh my god! Is he even allowed to be doing this? I'm sure the answer is no. He's not on a call and I wonder if his captain knows he stole one of the trucks. Oh my god oh my god. And I'm with him so will that get me in trouble?

Buck is weaving his way through the streets with not a care in the world. I can't help but watch in disbelief but that feeling quickly dissolves as I look over at him, his eyes sparkling with excitement. The biggest grin plastered over his face as he screams "wooo!" I try to calm myself down. Wild Stella starts making her way in and I easily give in.

I feel a thrill trying to creep itself into my body and I don't fight it. My eyes stare out the window as we pass by all the traffic, all the cars making way for us. This is crazy but it's what makes everything even more fun. The lights from the truck reflect off of the buildings Buck zooms by.

I can't hold it in anymore. A laugh falls out of my mouth. Then it turns into a fit of laughter that for a second I feel I can't breathe. I can't believe I am here in this truck, definitely stolen from this mans job because I don't think his captain gave him permission, having a good time. Buck looks over to me.

"You're fucking insane Evan Buckley" I breathe out, a smile still sitting on my face.

Station 118 comes into view and the sirens are shut off. I've never seen the inside of the station but it's neat. There's a stairway that leads up to a loft and sitting by a small kitchen area are a few of his crew members, one of them I recognize from the scene as Eddie. He is shaking his head as Buck jumps out his side. I hesitate as I reach for the door handle. Maybe I should stay put.

"I know what you're thinking guys but listen... I borrowed it for ten minutes, not a big deal" he shouts at them with both his hands in front of him as if pleading with them. Hopefully they're not thinking I'm the one who told Buck to do all of this.

The door on my side opens but it's not me who opened it. I feel his hands gently wrap around my waist as he helps me down from the truck. Am I that light? I don't even see an ounce of struggle when he picks me up.

"Imagine if cap was here!" Eddie shouts, hands on his hips.

"But he's not" Buck shrugs then points up at Eddie, "and I know you'll help me out here. Please" he begs his friend. Eddie turns around to face his crew before looking back down on Buck.

"You owe me Buck. Big time!" Eddie sighs but I watch as a small smile appears on his face. Buck returns the smile before turning to me.

"Come on Stella" Buck grabs me by hand and rushes back outside of the station. I try my best to keep up with him.