53.

It was strange seeing a completely different side to Savannah. I stood outside her room, watching her through the glass window. She was gentle and nurturing, the most happy I have ever seen her as she held her baby girl in her arms. Her eyes lit up every time Lily would squeeze her finger. I felt like I was looking at someone else but I couldn't help but feel happy for her. Her baby girl was safe in her arms. I couldn't imagine the suffering she endured while she lost her mind apart from Lily. Children do change you.
I roll my shoulders back as someone puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Victor is out of surgery now. He's out of the woods" Dr. Harrison gives me a comforting smile. Thank god.

"Thank you, Dr. Harrison." He nods and throws a quick glance through the glass to Savannah. The corner of his mouth twists up and he walks away, leaving me to my thoughts once again.

"Hey"
I turn to face Evan as he approached me, both hands  occupied by a cup of coffee. My mood instantly lifts as he hands me a cup.
"Hey" I smile at him. I noticed he came back alone, Kelly no where in sight. "Where's Kelly?"
"He went back to his hotel. Had a pretty long day" he says.
"I didn't get to thank him" I frown. Evan gives me a confused look. "For keeping you safe and making sure you made it back to me" I say in answer to his confusion. He wraps his arm around me, pulling me in tighter and lands a kiss on my head. My eyes close as I take this moment in. His scent fills my senses. Cinnamon. I turn my head to where my face is buried into his chest so I can take it all in.
"Thank you for my coffee."

"You're welcome."

I lift my gaze to meet his, melting underneath it as I'm met with my favorite shade of blue.
"Have you heard anything about Dr. Russell?" Evan asks me. I ignore the fact that he just referred to him as Doctor. He has never done that before.

"Yeah actually. Dr. Harrison just came by to let me know he's out of surgery. He's going to be okay"

"That's good" Evan squeezed my shoulder. I watch as his eyes look to Savannah and Lily, his expression unreadable. "Have you talked to her?" He asks me. I shake my head, bringing my attention back on Savannah. Her grandparents were on their way, about an hour out. I thought about how she was going to tell her grandparents that the real father of her child was dead.

I couldn't hide the truth anymore from her. As soon as I returned Lily into her arms, we had a weird moment of silence. We sat in her room not saying a word until Evan had walked in. Then it all came out. How Evan regained his memory. What Tyler had told us, about the set up. And how Tyler didn't make it. I know it may have been too much to dump her right then and there. Which is why I decided to hold off on asking her the questions I needed answers to after my encounter with Tyler at his apartment.
Savannah hasn't said anything. For a moment I thought she would start crying but she held herself together, focusing on the fact that she still had her daughter. The nurses have allowed her to have some time with her before they had to take her up to the NICU. They were please to tell her that things were looking up for Lily and she must've came out a fighter like her mother.

"She just got her daughter back. She needs to have this time. I'll worry about asking her about the truth of her and Tyler. Something isn't right with this whole situation but it's not the time to ask."

We fall silent for a moment. I sigh and turn so I can wrap my arms around Evan. He wraps his arms around me tight and everything feels normal again. I don't feel scared. Nor do I feel guilty of anything. I feel safe as I always do when I'm in his arms.
"Stay with me tonight?" Evan asks, "or is it still too soon after everything?"