62.

It felt good walking through those hospital doors this morning. Though, Victor didn't seem too thrilled to see me this morning as I walked into the lounge area. He immediately asked me what I was doing here and insisted I should have taken more time off before coming back to work. I told him I was fine and to not talk about anything but work today. He didn't seem to like my tone but I didn't care. It may have been to piss me off or show me I couldn't speak to him the way I did but I got landed with doing all his paperwork.

"Seriously?" I couldn't hide the annoyance in my voice. At this point I didn't care if he knew I sounded annoyed.

"I have to be in surgery in an hour, I'll see you later. Welcome back" he pats my shoulder as if I were a kid and walked off without another glance or another word. Today is one of those days he is my asshole attending.

Lunch finally rolled around and I was glad to give my brain a break. Amanda found me as soon as she walked into the cafeteria. I gave her the biggest smile as she sat across from me. Before I could say hey, she grabbed my hands and squeezed them hard. "I'm so happy to see you"

"I'm glad someone is." Amanda raised his eyebrows. "Victor scolded me for coming back to work too soon apparently" I explained. "And I guess my tone wasn't very nice so, he has me doing a bunch of his stupid paperwork. Ugh, he makes me so mad! I need to be inside of an OR right now, not doing paperwork. I could wipe my ass right now with his stupid paperwork!"

Amanda leaned back and let out a sigh and laughed. "Well I don't think he would really like you wiping your ass with his paperwork!"

"To hell what he thinks. Anyways, what's new?"

It was weird sitting here having a conversation with one of my best friends all normal and casual. As if the past couple of weeks never happened. But neither of us spoke on that.

"Do you know Matthew?"

"From plastics?" She nods her head and I let out the biggest gasp. "Matthew? from PLASTICS???"

Amanda looks around the cafeteria to be safe. "Yes" she whispers, "he asked me for my number the other day and we've been talking nonstop! He wants to take me out to dinner tomorrow night!" Her eyes were lit with excitement. It was like seeing a little girl kid getting excited before they walk into a toy store. Seeing her this way made me beyond happy. After everything that has happened, she deserves it. I only pray this Matthew is genuinely a good person and treats her amazing.

"I'm so excited for you, oh my god!!" I find myself squealing for my best friend but I couldn't help it. "Do you know where he is taking you?"

"Some place called Il Forno's?"

"Oh, fancy! You need to call me after and tell me how everything goes."

Amanda asks me about Evan and I tell her I have never been more happy. Despite current events, it has been nothing but bliss catching up on time with him. We talked about Gigi and Eddie being a thing and realized the only one who we don't know much about their love life is Mazzey.

"After a couple drinks she will spill whatever she has going on. Last time I checked she was talking to some IT guy I think? I can't remember" I shrug. "Oh hey, I was going to ask you. What do you want to do for your birthday?"

Amanda's birthday was next Friday and the girls and I have been wanting to talk to her about taking a trip to New York. We all think it's a getaway we all could use.

"The girls told me about New York and I am definitely on board with it! I need to get away from Los Angeles for a little bit, I could use a different scenery"

"Yesss" I agree. "Then we all need to go over a plan in the group chat and get together maybe this Sunday? Book flights and hotels, make an itinerary, all the fun stuff."