48.

"Tyler!!!"

My knuckles rap against the heavy door to Tyler's apartment.

"It's me Stella! I need to talk to you."

After I left Evan's room, I called Amanda and asked for Tyler's address being that I've never been to his place. She was confused and wouldn't stop asking questions about what's going on and I promised her I will explain everything when I see her but right now is not the time for an explanation.

The door to his apartment flies open a few moments later and I'm greeted by a surprised Tyler. His hair was sticking out in all places like he had just woken up. His eyes were wide and red.

"Stella?" He breathes out. "W-what's going on?"

I shove past Tyler and allow myself in without waiting for an invitation.

His apartment is a decent size. Granite top counters, dark cabinets. A single grey couch in the living room, two piece coffee table set in the center with a stack of unopened mail and a couple empty bottles of beer.

"Stella?"

"Evan has his memories back." I spin around on my heels and face Tyler, a small space separating us. I cross my arms and stare him dead in his face. He barely looks at me after I say Evan's name.

"Tyler look at me!" I snap. My anger is getting the best of me and I know I shouldn't allow it but standing here looking at him after finding out his part in all of this. I can't help myself.

"How could you? How could you sit back and watch someone who considered you as a friend be torn apart by her? Was the money worth it?"

Tyler goes pale.

"Listen to me Stella" his expression grows worrisome. "I can't talk about this"

"Like hell you can't. Tyler, you need to tell me what the hell Savannah is up to or so help me god"

"I can't!" Tyler's voice rises slightly and it catches me off guard. When he sees me step back he immediately shoots me an apologetic look.

"Stella I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen but I really can't say anything. Please understand."

"No. I don't understand why you didn't come to me or Amanda or Gigi or Mazzey if you were having problems!! We could've helped you"

"No you couldn't have. None of you could have, okay?" His voice cracks and I notice his eyes are glossy.

"I was in a bad place. Financially, emotionally, mentally and I screwed up. I got caught up with Savannah but I can't say too much. For our safety"

"Our safety?" I ask him.

Tyler runs his fingers through his hair and starts to pace back and forth. My body starts to tense up.

"Tyler" I say calmly. "Hey, you can talk to me. It's just me and you"

"You don't understand" he says quietly I almost didn't catch it.

"What don't I understand?" I step closer to him and he immediately takes a few steps back, almost running back into his front door.

"You have to go."

"Tyler"
"No Stella! Please... go" he begs.

He reaches behind his back and opens the door, stepping to the side and waits for me to walk out. His eyes finally find mine and I see fear in them. What does she have over him? Is he in danger?

My feet are glued to the floor. I don't want to leave him.

"I can help you"

He grunts and slams the door. I jump at his sudden outburst.

"I'm not going to ask you again, Stella. Please trust me when I say I'm doing this to protect you. Go."

The fear in his eyes are replaced with concern. I start to feel anxious at how he's behaving. I don't know what Savannah has done to him but I will find out one way or another. Maybe I'll just have to go straight to her.

"Fine."

Feeling defeated by this pointless visit, I stomp my way out of his apartment without giving another look in his direction but before I could walk to the elevator I hear him say something.

"Please watch over Amanda for me."