"That's normal. Do stretch it every now and then so that your arm gets used to it." He grabs my arm and presses down slightly.

"Any pain?" He lets go of my arm.

"No," I tell him.

"If you notice anything wrong with your arm tell your parents to give me a call. Okay?" He waits for me to answer.

"I will."

"That's it then. You're good to go, but don't do any strenuous activities." He warns and I smile at him.

"Thank you."

"No problem, kiddo." He removes the plastic gloves and throws them in the trash.

Pouring some hand sanitizer on his hands, he rubs it in and turns to my parents.

"Thank you, Geoffrey," Dad tells him and they shake hands.

Meanwhile, I dust off my skirt and hop down from the table. 

After my parents finish talking, we walk together.

But as we exit the hospital, I feel a sudden wave of emotion surf within me.

I felt overwhelmed. 

Despite not having the cast anymore, I could still the ghostly pain that I felt when I broke my arm.

Rubbing my arm, I shake my thoughts away.

Dad opens the car for me first and I get in while mumbling a 'thank you'. Then he proceeds to do the same to my mom and she gives him a charming smile.

As dad drives away from the hospital, I place my head on the window as I watch the cars pass by.

"Dad," I speak up after a while, rubbing my arm in the process.

"Can you drop me off at Elven park, please?" I ask.

"Elven park?" Mom questions.

"Yeah, there is a friend I have to meet there."

Mom and dad give each other a look at this and I watch their exchange.

"Of course, honey." Dad smiles at me through the rearview mirror and I grin at hi.

"When will you tell us about this friend of yours?" Mom turns to her side and raises a brow at me.

"Soon," I tell them, and dad hums in response.

The rest of the car ride falls into a comfortable silence.

•••

"We're here, sweetie." I remove my head from against the window and look around.

This is it.

Unbuckling my seatbelt I pull the handle and push the door open.

Stepping out, I feel the thumping sounds of my heart reach my ears. 

"Hey, sweetie, leave your bag in the car. I will put it in your room when we get home." Mom motions to the bag on the seat.

"Thanks, mom."

With a hand on the door, I wave goodbye to my parents.

"Love you," I tell them.

"Love you too, sweetie. Call us if anything happens." Dad makes a phone motion with his hand and I nod.

"I will." 

With that, I shut the door and step away from the car.

I hear the sound of the car driving away, but I don't look back. My mind is too focused on the events that were about to happen.