Chapter 2: Just a few friends

Start from the beginning

A few hours of countless poses and wardrobe changes went by before the main woman called it a day, thankfully. 

"And....." The woman drew out.

"..We're done" She said proudly. 

Everyone cheered and smiled before Hailey and I said our goodbyes to everyone, heading out of the warehouse and into her black air-conditioned SUV once again.

"It's still hot as hell outside" I said enjoying the cooling sensation that was the AC. 

She rolled her eyes and smiled before speaking. 

"Don't forget, we have another photo shoot  for Calvin Thursday and then two for Louis Vuitton Friday before you leave" Hailey pouted at the end and I did the same. 

"I know, sadly, but you and Justin are more than welcome to come to celebrate in Milan with us" 

"Speaking of, there's this party going on at my house tonight, you should definitely come and celebrate with me and my husband. We've gotta party together at least one time before you leave, it'll be like old times" She said nudging me, making us both laugh. 

"How big is the party gonna be?"

"Just a few friends" 

I nodded and the car came to a halt outside of my rented home for the next few days. 

"Yeah, I'll come by, see you Hails" I said giving her a hug before gathering my things and heading inside to take a much desired shower. 

-

I changed into a simple white long sleeve, some cuffed light denim jeans, and a pair of white Jordan's. My hair and I weren't agreeing with the hairstyle I wanted so I threw it up into a ponytail, letting my natural curls flow down my back. 

I took a quick selfie before ordering an Uber to Justin and Hailey's. I hadn't met him yet but he seemed like a genuine gentleman (at times) and he made her happy so there wasn't anything to complain about. 

With the lock of the front door, I took a step outside and I didn't feel the need to complain for some reason, the weather felt tolerable. It wasn't too hot but it wasn't freezing cold either. 

-

"Thank you, have a nice night and drive safe" I said to the driver as I shut the back door. 

He was getting 5 stars because he didn't speak and he played good music. 

I clutched onto my purse as I walked to the entrance of their home, anxiety kicking in as I felt the bass from the music outside before I was even near the actual speakers. 

Walking through the front door, I felt myself internally rolling my eyes. I couldn't tell by the lack of cars but there were literal hundreds of people inside. I should've known Hailey's ass lied. 

Speaking of the devil, I spotted her near the kitchen island as I stepped inside the crowd of people. 

"Just a few friends my ass" I said shaking my head, we both laughed as we hugged.

"You're an asshole you know that?" 

She laughed harder if possible. 

"If I said a few hundred people would you have come?"

I shook my head almost immediately. Why would I say yes?

"No"

"Exactly, I lied for your own benefit" She said linking our arms and leading me to Justin.