"I glad you ran. Because you're here now... with a real family. You won't get hurt here..." Cross blinked. He shook his head and felt confusion leak from Reaper.

"No... I still hurt... I-I can feel... other's pain... and emotions... Like... the confusion you feel right now... I don't know how. And I don't know why, but I do." He could feel surprise from Reaper. Then, it faded into sympathy. "This whole place... almost all of it... it's shrouded in pain... Something's wrong..." He trailed off.

He blinked as he felt dark understanding before it seemed to be forcibly replaced with amazement. He looked up. Reaper was smiling, a brow raised. "You feel things, Cross? The things others do?" Cross nodded.

Reaper chuckled. "You're a strange guy... but good strange. I know the circus is full of pain... but not me. I'm not in pain. Geno, for the most part, is not in pain. You can always come to the Medical Tent and we'll try to cheer you up. Okay?"

Reaper grinned and Cross blinked. He stared at him for a second before trembling, covering his mouth and laughing weakly. His laughter was quiet and relieved. He felt surprise, then joy from Reaper. He nodded.

"Yes... Thank you, Reaper." He said, grinning. The other smiled and drifted up, nodding. The other grinned and Cross grinned back. "There he is! Now, where are you going? I'll take you!" He said. "It's nice to be outside for a change!"

Cross blinked. He should probably find Killer. Killer would be in the Costume Tent about now. He always was around this time of day and he would usually have Cross wait outside. Cross told Reaper and Reaper nodded. "Yep! Let's go!" Reaper pulled him up and drifted alongside him. The snow crunched under Cross' feet.

They reached the Costume Tent. Cross peered inside and sure enough, Killer was there. He blinked. So was Lust. He seemed to be trying to comfort the other. He was handing him something. A pair of golden gloves. Killer tucked them into his pockets. Cross followed Reaper as they slipped inside and waited by the entrance to be noticed.

Inside, Cross almost choked on the numb feeling clouding Killer. Dismay and pained nostalgia was coming from Lust. He stopped and backed up, his breathing becoming rapid. The darkness was pressing in.

"Cross..." He heard Reaper's voice and felt someone grab his shoulders. He tried to focus on Reaper. "Cross, listen. I'm going to ask Killer if I can just take you back to the Medical Tent with me. I'll be fast." He turned, but stopped as Cross spoke shakily.

"Why... do they feel like that...?" He whispered in horror. Reaper blinked. He furrowed his brow, his scythe still spinning slowly in his hands. "Lust... feels pain and dismay for Killer. Killer... is letting out... so much... hatred and pain... I can't breathe..." He took another shuddering breath. "It feels like the air... is being sucked out of my lungs..."

He was shaking. He blinked. Reaper seemed confused. He turned to look at the others before turning back to Cross. He looked down. "I'll ask. You focus. Breathe. I'll take you back to the Medical Tent. Okay?" He said firmly.

Cross gulped and nodded, trying to focus on breathing. He felt Reaper pull him over. The two looked up and immediately, he felt alarm and concern from Lust. "Cross?! There you are!! What happened?! What's wrong?!" He cried out, turning to him. "Are you okay?! Why did you collapse during the snowball fight?" Cross shuddered and shook his head, closing his eyes as he tried to focus on breathing.

He felt a dull feeling of alarm pulse out of Killer, consuming his other feelings. "What's wrong with him?" He heard the other's voice. Reaper squeezed his shoulder and Cross continued to focus on breathing. It was hard.

"No. What's wrong with you?" Reaper asked quietly, raising a brow. Killer inhaled sharply, a moment of shock sparking before the darkness became almost twenty times more crushing. Killer started to state he was fine. "No, you're lying." Reaper stated. Cross shuddered. He opened his eyes. Shock came from both Killer and Lust. Then, a suspicious feeling.

"Cross tells me you are not fine. And I believe him. So what's wrong?" Cross backed up as Killer suddenly turned to him and he felt coldness. Not the same as Nightmare. This was an angry cold.

"What do you know?" He asked, scowling. Cross started to choke and Killer furrowed his brow. Reaper sighed and turned to Cross, holding his shoulders.

"Breathe, Cross. Breathe." Cross nodded, trying to zone in on Reaper's calmness. Killer was staring at him, along with Lust, who seemed alarmed for him. Reaper turned back to Killer. "Cross didn't tell you, I assume?" He felt sudden suspicion from both Killer and Lust. They were both uneasy.

"What did he not tell me?" Killer asked.