Chapter 17

Author's note: I got a surge of motivation so I'm writing this the day after chapter 16

X X X

Thursday 9th of January

Brittany stood on the doorstep with her bags packed.

"I'll miss you." Santana told the blonde. Brittany was leaving for a dance convention in Los Angeles.

"It's only until Sunday." Brittany told her, holding the shorter girl in her arms. "I'll be back Monday morning around 11."

"I know. I'll be fine." Santana reassured her. The couple rarely spent time apart from one another so this was a novelty.

Brittany checked the time - 18:33 "I really need to go." She said with a frown. They shared a kiss.

"Call me when you arrive. Have a safe flight."

"I will." They shared another kiss.

"Goodbye." Brittany said as she walked away with her suitcase and backpack.

"Goodbye." Santana replied as she closed the door.

X X X

Santana walked into the kitchen and turned on the radio. She chose the Jazz station. Brittany hates jazz so she only plays it when the blonde isn't home.

She searched the fridge for ingredients for dinner. After deciding she had no motivation to cook, she grabbed the leftover Chinese takeout.

She emptied the white and red containers onto her plate. She had noodles and sweet and sour chicken. She grabbed a glass of wine too. She ate dinner while scrolling through Twitter on her phone. She found a few funny tweets and sent them to Brittany. She new her fiancé wouldn't see them for many hours so she didn't wait for a reply.

After dinner she replied to some emails and cleared out her spam folder. Deciding she was tired, she went to bed.

After doing her nightly skincare routine and changing into her pyjamas, she laid down in their bed. It felt big. Too big.

Santana didn't sleep well that night. She tossed and turned and couldn't drift off to sleep. She was used to sleeping in Brittany's arms, feeling the warmth of her body pressed against her own.

Santana started scrolling through the photos on her phone. She found pictures of them together dressed up for a night out, pictures of Brittany sleeping, looking like an angel, and even pictures of Brittany naked. Santana smiled at the memories attached to each photo.

She kept scrolling back until she found photos of them from high school. They looked so young. She found a video of Brittany chasing her through her childhood home with melted chocolate on her finger. There was a matching chocolate mark on the Latina's face. The audio was a lot of screaming and giggling. Santana felt much more relaxed after seeing the photos and videos.

Eventually she fell asleep.

X X X

Friday 10th of January

Santana woke up to her phone ringing. She checked the time - 6am. She groaned knowing she had another 30 minutes before her alarm went off. When she saw who was calling she picked it up immediately.

"Hey Brittany." She said with a sleepy smile.

"Hey baby, I know it's early, I'm just letting you know I've arrived at the hotel safely. I'm all checked in now." Brittany told her.

"Oh good. What time is it for you?" Santana asked.

"3am." She said with a yawn. "I'm going to sleep now for a bit then I've got a meeting over lunch."