1 - Cameras, everywhere

I wasn't supposed to be out this late. But working for ctOS is a demanding job. An unexpected load of paperwork came at the last minute, and I got the last straw, meaning I had to stay at work and finish it. It was around 11pm, and walking down an alleyway at this time of night wasn't exactly the best idea. I know about the the robberies, and the assaults, and the Fox.

For me, there was two ways of looking at it. Aiden Pearce, rising up against ctOS and the government. In other words, a hero. But then there's Aiden Pearce, the cold-hearted killer with no apparent conscience, who doesn't give a shit if people die or not. 

To be honest, both kinda appeal to me.

There was a cold wind blowing. I shivered and wrapped my coat around me. The city was cold, and dark. I was startled when a rustling to my left caught my attention. An old man hobbled forward, and grasped my coat sleeve. 

"My, what a pretty coat you have," He said, giving me a smile which showed his teeth. Most of which were gold and fake looking.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying my best not to show how scared I was. Rationalize, I told myself. He's an old man. If you run, he wouldn't be able to catch up.

"Y'know, you really shouldn't be out this late at night, missy. Especially without someone to...protect you." He said, still gripping onto my coat sleeve.

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"Mm, your money, maybe. You're a rich ctOS worker, aren't you? I can tell by the way you hold yourself. Y'know what I want? A nice pretty lady to cook me breakfast, like you, for example." He breathed, leaning in close, our noses almost touching. 

"Not if - I can help it," I hissed, kneeing him where the sun doesn't shine. He cried out, and let go of my sleeve. I took my chance and ran in the opposite direction. After a few minutes of flat-out sprint, I looked back. I could just see him, a crumpled heap on the ground. I slowed down to a walk. I was almost at a bus stop. I really hope I didn't miss the last bus.

When I reached the bus stop, I sat down on a bench. I checked the time, it was going to be another fifteen minutes until the bus came. While I waited, I looked around, and noticed the amount of cameras everywhere. Literally, everywhere. And one of them was looking directly at me.