Chapter 33

Dyson’s POV

One more class and school was over.  I was half listening to the teacher and watching the girl in the corner of the room as she sent smiles and waves. I smiled in return. If I wasn’t with Meadow, I would ask her out. She is cute.

 I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tried to read the text under the table.

*Meadow doesn’t realize why we are going to dinner does she?*

I had to hold back a chuckle. To be the girl in the relationship, she sure didn’t act like one. Most girls would freak out if the guy forgot their anniversary.

*She hasn’t even mentioned it at all.*

The door to the class room opened as Megan walked in. Where the hell was she for thirty minutes?

“Sorry I am late; I had to see the nurse.”

The whole class took in a deep breath as the sight of her mouth came to view.

“What happened?” The teacher winced and covered her own mouth with her hand.

“Gym.” Megan said, shrugged and walked towards her desk.

“Are you sure you don’t need to go home?” The teacher asked as Megan sat beside me.

“No, I’ll be just fine.”

The teacher nodded as the entire class focused on her swollen and busted up lip. I imagined Shawn doing it to her for destroying his jeep, but I knew better.

My phone buzzed in my hand and I had to wait for the teacher to go back to teaching before reading it.

“If you change your mind, let me know.”

Megan nodded and pulled her Calculus book out.

“Page twelve.” The boy beside her said with concern on his face.

“Fanks” Megan lisped.

Once the teacher started back teaching I pulled up the text.

*Well, I think it is so sweet what you are doing tonight. She will be so surprised.*

*I hope so*

I sat back and thought about tonight. If everything turned out right it would be a great anniversary party. One year today.  All the ups and downs and somehow we have made it this far. I can’t imagine my life without her. I can see myself with her in fifty years. But most importantly, I can’t see myself with anyone else.

*You know she hates surprises right?*

*Yea, I know.*

*Ah, she will be too happy to care!*

*Again, I hope so.*

“Dyson?” The teacher along with every other eye in the room was on me.

“Yea” I sat up straight and dropped my phone in my back pack.

“Do you know the answer?” I looked at the board and it was empty. I looked at my book and page twelve was all words, which meant they had moved ahead.

“Pay attention Mr. Knight… Page eighteen.” I nodded as the class snickered.

I turned the page and sat back. I tried to focus, I did. But I couldn’t get tonight out of my mind.

~~

I waited for a response from Meadow but never got one. Her teachers must be monsters. Ten minutes and it wouldn’t matter, I would be outside of my girls class, waiting.