Chapter 26 Three Total Knock Out's

I watched Dyson walk into the lunch room. My heart fluttered faster than the wings of a bird as he made his way straight towards me. The look on his face was more than confusing it was more like conflicted. He looked angry, scared, and determined all at the same time.

“We need to talk.”

“There is nothing to talk about.” 

“Yes, there is.”

“Well, I don’t believe there is!” I gritted my teeth as I felt eyes turning towards us. Hadn’t he embarrassed me enough?

He sat across from me before he continued.

“Meadow, please. Just give me five minutes to explain…” I cut him off.

“Five minutes? You can explain everything to me in five minutes…” I stood from the table.

“Funny Dy, it would take me hours to explain what you have done to me.” I waited for the tears, but they never cam e.

“What is wrong?” Rick stood beside me with such concern on his face.

“Nothing, Dy was just leaving.” I glared at Dyson.

“No…” Dy stood up and got in Rick’s face. “…I am not going anywhere.”

“I suggest you leave now, before I make you leave.” Rick dropped his book bag on the floor and closed the two inches between them.

The entire lunch room was watching now. I felt my face heat up; growing increasingly uncomfortable with every word they spoke to each other. I couldn’t let them fight; honestly I wasn’t sure which one would be hurt the worst. As mad as I am at Dy, I don’t want him hurt.

“I would love to see you try.” Dyson pushed his chest against Ricks. They stood there with such anger and hatred for one another you would have sworn they were two UFC fighters at a weight in.

“You are not going to do anything.” I pointed to Rick and pushed Dy back just enough to step between them.

“And you aren’t either. If you two want to act like children, fine. But it will not be over me. If anything, Rick has been here for me when I needed someone the most. If you touch him, I will only hate you more!”

“Meadow, he is using you! He is taking advantage of your feelings…trust me!”

“Trust you! You have got to be kidding.” A sadistic, crazy laugh escaped my chest. I found that to be the funniest thing ever.

“I have seen you with two different girls in less than a week. If the girls in this school are smart…no one will trust you.”  I pointed around the lunch room to all of the girls starring a hole through the three of us.

Dy looked around for the first time as if he didn’t know we were not alone.

“I can explain all of that, Meadow, just let me talk to you in private.” His pleading eyes had my insides breaking down. I didn’t know how much longer I could keep the act up. I had to get away.

“You owe me nothing. I understand- it’s over.” I grabbed Ricks hand and my back pack and pulled him towards the exit.

“Meadow!”  Dy’s voice boomed through the school. I was sure the teachers had heard him in their classrooms.

“I will beg you…”

I stopped without facing him.

“Right, here in the middle of the lunch room…with every eye on me…I will confess my stupidity, but more, my love for you.”