"fuck these tears"

Start from the beginning

"Mom, what's wrong! Are you okay , is something wrong with Chloe? Did he come back? If he did i swear I'm on my way to kill him ,just give me a few minutes i will be th-"
He stops talking abruptly. Thankfully I'm close enough to hear his mom yelling at him on the other side of the call. Although she's yelling, i can tell she's only trying to calm him down.

"I'm sorry okay? But you really can't blame me for worrying. Plus i mean it mom , if that asshole comes back you let me know immediately!" Barely even a second passes when i hear him slam something on the counter.
" don't mom, don't! You know how much i hate it when you call him that so stop." He grinds out, and i grimace, i mean I've seen him mad before, lots of times actually but this time its...... different.

"I know mom, but I'm serious. Its not like I'm doing something important....if something comes up...or if you get any.....surprises, just call me and i will be on my way immediately " he says, his voice softening. The word 'suprises' stands out to me though, what could he have meant.
"I love you Mom.....yeah....yeah....whatever" he says with a playful scoff. I hear a beep and i immediately know he ended the call. I wait a couple of seconds and walk into the kitchen acting oblivious.

The moment i step into the kitchen, his whole body goes tense and his eyes follow my every move. Probably looking for a sign or some sort of confirmation that i over heard him. Well, it's a good thing i took acting classes a while back. After taking a few gulps of orange juice with my back to him, i turn around to face him and he quickly averts his gaze.

" uhh...i hope you like pancakes?"
He asks awkwardly. I really had to hold back a laugh at that, i mean anyone that knows me knows about my love for pancakes, plus who doesn't like pancakes?
I just keep staring at him, while he waits for my response.
"Jake........." i whisper with a teasing smile .
" every sane human likes pancakes" i complete with a small smile playing at my lips.
He lets out a small smile of his own, and he's about to say something else when Jeff and Ace stumble into the kitchen in a frenzy. Before anyone can process what is happening, Jeff is on Ace and is apparently trying to squeeze the life out of him.

Jake and I just stand there exchanging confused looks as Ace easily overpowers Jeff and starts doing the sane thing Jeff did to him. Once again Mira and Shawn run into the kitchen and start trying to pry them off each other, they finally succeed ,however, they're still trying to get to each other.

"Rhea!....care to help?" Mira basically screams at me ,obviously frustrated. Quietly, i walk towards the tap and fill two large mugs with water, i give them a few seconds to notice what i plan to do to them , but unfortunately my friends are idiots and they keep yelling at each other. So i do what any good friend would do and i throw the water at them. They both stop their pointless banter to stare at me in shock.

"Rhea!....what was that for" Ace lets out in a whiny tone.
"The both of you refused to calm down so i decided to help you out" i quipped.
"By dumping cold water on us!?" Jeff screeched, still in shock.
"Yes jeff....now do you care to explain why you're acting like a barbarian?"

"Why don't you ask Ace!"
God, I'm living with children. I can already feel a headache coming so i opt to massage the bridge of my nose to soothe it.

"Ace please just tell me what happened" i say already exasperated.

Suprisingly, Ace lets out a light chuckle then starts explaining.
"Umm....okay, so i woke up a while ago and i wanted to know what time it was but my phone was dead ,so i just decided to use Jeff's phone......."
Then he trailed off ,looking like he was struggling to hold in a laugh.
" Ace if you don't explain yourself now i swear I'm going to break your nose"
"Okay..okay. so i took his phone and the moment i tapped it ,his phone unlocked, i mean who the fuck doesn't have a password or something. His phone turned on and suprisingly, it went straight to ummmm...."
"Straight to what!" We all bark out in unison. I look at Jeff and his face flushes red with embarrassment.