Um, Surprise? ❀ S. Koushi

Soldier AU

[ Requested by: yznxiiii ]

✼ 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 ✼

You paced frantically around your house, listening out for any sign of footsteps outside. It was around the same time that a telegram would arrive from your sweetheart Sugawara Koushi. Anxiously, you unconsciously rubbed your belly. You desperately wanted to hope for the best, but a small part of you was preparing for the worst news. 

When you heard footsteps up your porch, your eyes widened and you ran towards the door, opening before the other person had a chance to knock. 

"Shoyo! Tobio! Are you- have you- is everything-" you cried, eyes glancing over the boy for any injuries. 

Hinata grinned. "I'm good thanks if that's what you want to ask." You sighed in relief before remembering what had gotten you so troubled.

Hinata smiled gently at you, then looked at Kageyama. Kageyama reached from his jacket pocket and waved a small brown envelope in front of you. Giving them each a small smile back, you hesitantly took the letter from Kageyama. Their expectant eyes lingered longing on you when you looked up to them glancing at each other with a smile. Somehow, you could tell something was off. 

"D-did you want to come in for some coffee?" you asked, gesturing towards the inside of your house. Hinata's eyes brightened at the thought, striding forwards before being choked at the collar when Kageyama held him back.

"Hinata you idiot!" Kageyama yelled, giving a rough tug at the orange boy's collar. "We still have more rounds left. You can't abandon it now," Hinata winced, giving a loud sigh. He mumbled a small goodbye, before being dragged away by the raven-haired boy. You watched as they left and until you couldn't see them down the street anymore, you finally went inside. 

Giving a loud sigh, you plumped yourself down on the sofa, putting your tired feet up on the armrest. Your eyes fluttering shut, you could feel your energy slowly draining away. Although it was only early afternoon, you couldn't help but feel exhausted from walking around the house, cleaning it in preparation for when Sugawara would next be home. 

You mindlessly took the telegram out of the pocket you had placed it earlier in, bringing it closer to inspection. You could see his neat handwriting on the envelope, with your name written so carefully. You giggled softly to yourself, as you could imagine the number of times Sugawara had probably tried to perfect his handwriting just for you. 

Carefully, you removed the seal, taking out the letter and began to read it. 

To dearest (y/n),

It has only been 3 months, yet I feel it to be longer than what it is. I can only hope that by the end of this week I will be sent home to your warm arms...I miss your touch so much. The war here is still the same but I think both sides are becoming tired. I know you hated me for leaving, but I'm doing this for the both of us and our future together. I want to come home to you, so I'm not giving up yet. Please wait for me just a little longer.

Love, Sugawara Koushi

The corner of your eyes tingled a little, as you felt a small tear drip down onto the letter. Your eyes widened and quickly, you wiped it away, cursing yourself for wetting the letter. You picked yourself off the couch about to start on some dinner for yourself, when you heard a knock on the door. You looked to door in confusion, wondering who could be here.