𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐢 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐢 𝐖𝐮𝐱𝐢𝐚𝐧

The Untamed is the story of Wei Wuxian (Xiao Zhan) & Lan Wangji (Wang Yibo), two young cultivators that fall in love in ancient China. Both males, a relationship of this nature is wildly unacceptable for those times. Despite this, unable to stay away from each other, their relationship develops anyway.

Due to these very strict censorship laws, the creators of The Untamed had to get creative with the depiction of the relationship between Lan Wangji & Wei Wuxian. There are no physical exchanges between the characters, nor are there any verbal exchanges that solidify the characters as being in love, but it's very clear that they are.

The creators of the show used many different symbols & tricks to convey the boys' love for each other. Throughout the show, Lan Wangji does many things for Wei Wuxian & gives him many things that show how much he loves him in the absence of words and physical contact. Come with us as we journey through these heartwarming moments.

In ep

In ep.26, Lan Wangji sets off to find Wei Wuxian hoping to steer from his path of demonic cultivation & set him back on the path of goodness. At the end of this episode, Wei Wuxian & Lan Wangji face off in a moment of sheer devastating heartbreak. Lan Wangji finds Wei Wuxian with members of the exiled Wen clan, on their way to find safety & refuge.

Lan Wangji reminds Wei Wuxian, that if he defects now, he won't ever be able to come back & will be outcast forever. Wei Wuxian challenges Lan Wangji to really consider who is right & wrong in this situation. Clearly, Wei Wuxian thinks saving Wen Ning (Yu Bin) and the others is the right thing to do.

As ep.27 starts, the air is tense between the two men, all their unspoken feelings for each other radiating off their bodies. Wei Wuxian tells Lan Wangji that if he must face his fate, and eventually fight the cultivators, he prefers that he face off With Lan Wangji. If Wei Wuxian must face death, he wants it to be at the hands of Lan Wangji - his soulmate.