"Some Kind of Beautiful" by Tyler Ward & Lindsey Stirling

AN: HI!   I really, really wanted to post this on Tuesday, but it would not cooperate. Since I had my birthday Tuesday and there were no new chapters from  BijinMum  or 1Lisamurray  or   roxandsand (who I hope are well and being careful -Especially roxandsand) I decided to celebrate by posting on all three of my WIP this weekend.  Sadly, this is the shortest of the three at just under 2k words. I have a backlog on the other stories and this one has reached the post as I go stage. Stay safe and be careful.  Standard disclaimer! I only own Lory. Everything else is the property of C.L.Stone. Constructive criticism is welcome and even requested, but flames will be used to make s'mores. I love votes and views. Please let me know your favorite lines and moments. Happy Reading.

*~*~*Tuesday Night*~*~*

Axel walked out of the Anderson house a little in shock and more than a little amused. The Anderson team had generously fed him a delicious dinner. Liam, obviously the cook in the family, had made some kind of beef in a rich sauce that he loved. Liam had sighed and made a face before pouring the wine. Somehow he felt that he had passed some odd sort of test.

Dinner had been...enlightening. He'd watched the Andersons and their interactions. It...worked. You could tell they were committed to it and to each other. He didn't think this was the way Henry Anderson had discussed their unique family relationship with Owen. Possibly because his exposure to the Blackbourne family ensured it wasn't a new concept like it had been for Owen and North. He knew what the possible solution was. He just wasn't sure how that solution worked out.

But watching the Andersons showed him it really could work. And it could really work. But they all had to be committed to it. Mrs. Anderson --Lily he reminded himself-- had been gracious and charming and you could tell the men all adored her. It was a bit like watching Sang with the Blackbourne team, but more...settled. More stable, more mature. The men had reminded him of his brothers. Not so much their personalities or interests but the way they acted towards each other. They were brothers. Brothers who did whatever it took to keep their family together. Even sharing the woman they loved.

His favorite part of the night had been when Lily linked her arm with his and led him to the library. She gave him a wicked look and handed an album to Henry as she gave her husband a severe look and left the room.

The next hour was a bizarre mix of stories about working out their family and stories he could tell were designed to embarrass Lory when she knew he had been told.

He'd never seen his brothers with Lory. So far it had all been one on one. Now he had a choice to make. He had to decide if he wanted to bring this to his family. Raven has already said he's open to it. Maybe what he needs is to see her with all of them and see. Also just because she's seen it and lived with it doesn't mean she wants that kind of a relationship for herself.

Axel drove home with too many thoughts swirling in his head. Just as he parked his phone chirped.

DiD: How many embarrassing stories did they tell?😕

Axel: Go to dinner with me tomorrow and I'll tell you.

DiD: When and where?

Axel: I'll pick you up about 6. Where will you be?

DiD: I'll let you know tomorrow.

*~*~* Wednesday*~*~*

"I can't believe they told you that story, " Lory groaned as they climbed the stairs of the restaurant. She defended herself as they approached the hostess. "I have no defense but I can claim a total lack of memory I was only two at the time."