"Hurricane Season" by Trombone Shorty

AN: Standard disclaimer!  I only own Lory. Everything else is the property of C.L.Stone. Constructive criticism is welcome, but flames will be used to make s'mores. I love votes and views. Happy Reading.

"Did Mr. B just cuss?" Gabe asked wide eyed.

"You even called me by my last name and you didn't figure it out?"

"I was a little distracted. I was worried I was going to have to keep a girl team from poaching our bird!" Owen protested in shame.

"And after you figured out that wasn't the case?"

"I was too busy keeping you being home from Sean to really think about it," he answered while rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"Yeah, I'm still kinda mad about that," Sean chimed in.

"Does apple pie work as my apology? I just wanted to surprise you."

"Fine. I forgive you." Sean declared with a greatly magnanimous air causing Owen to roll his eyes, "Owen, however, I do not forgive. He didn't bring me pie."

Once again the eight younger members of the Blackbourne team were watching the interaction with no small amount of trepidation. This new behaviour for Mr Blackbourne was a little off putting. It made him so human...

"I still don't get why Mr B cussed," Nathan stage whispered.

"Because he just clued into the fact that my uncle is Henry Anderson."

North's head snapped up and he stared at her with widening eyes.

"I live with them. In the attic bedroom. Aunt Lily's Library is the best."

Now Sang, Gabe, and Luke have joined North in the wide eyes state. North suddenly grabs Sang around the waist, plops her in his lap, and plants one on her.

"Finally," Lory mumbles, "maybe now he'll unwind some. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and kiss your girlfriend. It will make you much less twitchy. Besides if you aren't already, you are going to have to get used to seeing it eventually."

That seemed to have snapped most of the tension out of the room. And all the boys began relaxing realizing they didn't have to be so careful about their interactions with Sang. Lory wandered over to the two desserts and asked Nathan where he kept the silverware.

Once she had located a couple of forks, she brought her strata back and once again sat on the coffee table. She took a bite and closed her eyes with a moan. When she opened them again she was faced with various looks ranging from amusement (Sean and Luke) to confusion (Sang) to mild irritation (Owen and Kota) and pretty much whatever fell in between.

"What? I'm having a foodgasm. You're all over there stressing over how I figured it out and what I'm doing here and what I want with Sang and Blah, blah, blah. Imma just be over her having a foodgasm. Want some Sang?" Lory offered her a fork.

Now, to most people offering to share a slice of chocolate cake is pretty innocuous. In this group however it met with some mixed responses. North yelled about how it wasn't healthy. Kota and Nate were eyeing Lory suspicious of her intentions. Luke attempted to take the fork and was swatted for his troubles. Owen was pinching his nose in an attempt to stave off a headache.

"I do believe I asked Sang a question. Sang would you like some of my cake?" Lory said as she narrowed her eyes at the boys in the room. "She has a voice. It might be soft, but she has no problem using it when she wants to. Case in point, when she very quietly shut me down in Sean's defense. By the way, good job. You shouldn't let anyone give you shit about how you conduct your relationship."